Senior Risk Analyst
Are you interested in building your career in an evolving and exciting business environment? Consider a career within our Strategy and Operations Consulting practice, and work side by side with our Federal clients to identify key business issues and drive meaningful change. Join us, and play a key role in helping to design our clients' roadmap to the future!
Work you'll do
As a Project Delivery Manager in the Strategy & Operations group you will:
- Improve the operational systems, processes, and policies in support of the client's mission through the management and guidance of multiple work streams, teams, and clients
- Support engagements related but not limited to Financial Operations, Supply Chain, and Project and Acquisition Management
- Provide input to key deliverable structure and content, as well as facilitating buy-in of proposed solutions from top management levels
- Direct timely delivery of quality work products for the client
- Manage engagement risk
- Provide professional development of junior staff performing the role of counselor and coach, as well as providing leadership and support
Transparency, innovation, collaboration, sustainability: these are the hallmark issues shaping Federal government initiatives today. Deloitte's Federal practice is passionate about making an impact with lasting change. Carrying out missions in the Federal practice requires fresh thinking and a creative approach. We collaborate with teams from across our organization in order to bring the full breadth of Deloitte, its commercial and public sector expertise, to best support our clients. Our aspiration is to be the premier integrated solutions provider in helping to transform the Federal marketplace.
- Typically has 7 or more years of consulting and/or industry experience
- Ability to support engagements of greater than average size and complexity
- Ability to lead multiple teams and multiple clients with confidence
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Professional oral and written communication skills
- Ability to mentor and manage junior staff and further their professional growth
- Ability to obtain and maintain the required clearance for this role
- 7+ years leading Implementations in Federal or Commercial organizations, with a proven track record of the building of risk management organizations; including experience leading risk assessments, developing and gaining organizational buy-in on risk appetite statements, developing organization-level risk management strategies, and leveraging analytic tools to inform senior leader decision-making
- Minimum 4+ years of documented experience in conducting both 1-on-1 and panel interviews with key stakeholders and working closely with subject matter experts and virtual teams to gather pertinent information
- Minimum 4+ years developing and delivering client trainings geared towards building organizational buy-in for risk management, and teaching tools and techniques for identifying, assessing and managing risk
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Access, with demonstrated expertise in rapid prototyping and development of risk and business analytic tools, visualizations, dashboards, and ad-hoc data management solutions on these platforms; in both the front-end environment and back-end Integrated Development Environment using VBA
- Experience benchmarking organizational risk maturity and risk culture
- Experience developing and deploying simulation models in Microsoft Excel, or another environment, with knowledge of Palisades @Risk and DecisionTools Suite strongly desired
- Proficient with Microsoft Project
- Strong leadership qualities and organizational skills as well as the ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities, assignments, and roles
- Demonstrates the ability to succeed in a complex organization where the ability to discover and internalize diverse stakeholder goals is critical to brokering solutions that are in the best interest of the organization as a whole
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills; in particular, demonstrated ability to effectively communicate technical and business issues and solutions to multiple organizational levels internally and externally
- Independent judgment and mature decision making skills to deal with projects that often have enterprise-wide scope and may have significant financial and compliance implications and impact
- Demonstrated ability to manage a portfolio of projects and prioritize activities appropriately
- Solid analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently, yet seamlessly integrate activities with other teams when needed
- Well-honed influencing skills; ability to negotiate and gain consensus between teams and organizations where competing priorities exist
- Prior professional services or federal consulting experience
- Bachelor's Degree
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: E18RESCMANKD30361
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top