Senior QA Engineer - Denver
As Senior QA Engineer you'll be responsible for the testing and analysis of mobile applications and web sites, and their coding. You'll work closely with all members of the software development team to ensure that functional and business logic meet the agreed upon project requirements. You also ensure they are free of significant defects and identify major risks to the success of the project. You're ready and able to act in a lead QA capacity on client projects.
Work you'll do
- Spearhead the development of quality assurance measures and testing standards for new applications, products, and/or enhancements to existing applications and products throughout the development lifecycle. Acts as a role model of process adherence throughout the department and organization
- Review software documentation to ensure accuracy and completeness and to identify and mitigate risks
- Document software defects in a manner consistent with the agreed upon documentation scheme and report defects to the project team and clients as appropriate
- Participate in product design reviews to provide input on functional requirements, product designs, schedules, or potential project risks
- Keep detailed records of testing procedures and results; communicate these findings to other team members and the client as appropriate
- Prepare and deliver reports, recommendations, or alternatives that address existing and potential areas of improvement in the Quality Assurance department
- Perform other duties as required
- 5+ years of software QA experience or experience in engineering or related discipline may be substituted
- Minimum of three shipped products
- Robust and demonstrable knowledge of at least one current mobile operating system
- Thorough knowledge and 2 years of experience with test plan creation, unit, integration, and functional testing techniques
- Advanced level of expertise and at least 2 years of experience using terminal, source control systems such as svn or git, IDEs such as Xcode or Eclipse, test management systems such as Zephyr or TestRail, and defect tracking system such as Jira or Trac
- Deep experience with Agile development methodologies such as Scrum
- Consistently demonstrated ability to rapidly triage technical issues that are both complex and complicated
- An expressed interest in developing the organization, building and documenting processes, and evaluating tools
How you'll grow
At Deloitte Digital, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills, work with industry-leading talent on a daily basis, in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career, while delivering products and services to Fortune 500 clients. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Who says work can't be fun? At Deloitte Digital, the worlds of business, creative, and technology intersect to transform the way we work, play, and communicate. We can't quite put our finger on it, but that combo creates something kind of magical. In studios or on the road, we believe in our people, and we understand that quality of life directly impacts quality of work. We pride ourselves on our flexible work environment and distinctive culture. Learn more about life at Deloitte Digital.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte" means Deloitte Consulting LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Requisition code: E18DENCSSRTN072-DD
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top