Senior - Private Wealth Tax- Jericho, NY
Deloitte Tax LLP helps companies understand national, state and local, and international tax structures and align the tax function with business objectives.
We are currently looking for Seniors for our Investment Management/Private Wealth Tax practice. Tax Seniors have in-depth, first-hand industry knowledge. They draw on experience in accounting and taxation to provide tax compliance and consulting services to Investment Management clients. Tax Seniors identify complex tax issues and provide tax analyses for a variety of entities and their affiliates.
The right person should have a solid understanding of individual, fiduciary and partnership income taxation; gift, estate and GST transfer taxation; family office structure and management; as well as a general understanding of taxation surrounding portfolio investments, closely held businesses, and charitable planning.
Tax Seniors in our Private Wealth Tax practice perform detail level review of individual, fiduciary, partnership, closely held corporations, estate and gift workpapers and tax returns as well as prepare materials and research for consulting projects related to tax planning opportunities. Tax Seniors coordinate and communicate with the client contacts to gather information to complete the tax returns. They also train, mentor, and supervise new and experienced-level staff and attend required Deloitte Tax LLP and sector-specific training.
- 2 or more years of experience in providing tax planning services or preparing and reviewing client work papers and income tax returns
- CPA, Enrolled Agent, or other appropriate certification (or in the process of pursuing)
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or other business related field
- Advanced Degree preferred: MST, MAcc, JD or LLM
- Prior Big 4 experience a plus
- Experience reviewing partnership and/or trust documents a plus
- Experience with managing projects including scheduling, budgeting, client correspondence and billing, excellent technology (i.e. Microsoft Excel and compliance software), research and writing skills
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Strong analytical and communication skills to be able to articulate conclusions, planning opportunities, and risks identified through the research projects
- Some travel may be required
Requisition code: E17LNITSRCRK012-FS
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top