Senior Payroll Tax Coordinator
Senior Payroll Tax Coordinator
Are you a detail-oriented individual seeking a new opportunity to leverage your skills with a great organization? If so, we are looking for an energetic accounting professional with analytical capabilities to join our Payroll team in our Hermitage, TN offices.
What You'll Do
As a Sr. Payroll Tax Coordinator, you will use your organizational skills and attention to detail to ensure tax compliance for biweekly payroll by using the SAP system results to 1) verify, prepare, and maintain accurate tax deposits, 2) produce and file tax returns, and 3) maintain records for multiple tax jurisdictions both in the US, Puerto Rico, and Canada. Specific duties include:
- Ensure compliance with US federal, state, and local payroll tax, unemployment, disability insurance regulations and requirements;
- Ensure compliance with Canadian federal and provincial payroll tax, social insurance regulations and requirements;
- Aid in the preparation of all required quarterly and annual returns including the preparation and dispatch of W-2's, W-2c's, 941's, 940's,T4's, RL-1's, and State and Local Reconciliations;
- Work in a Center of Excellence providing payroll tax support and SAP system expertise
- Provide support for complex taxes calculations associated with traveling employees and tax equalization;
- Collaborate and provide employment tax support for other teams including Firm Tax, Partner Financial Services, and Treasury.
How You'll Grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
What You'll Need
- Minimum 3 years' experience in multi-state withholding and multi-state unemployment tax filing;
- Working knowledge of a multitude of payroll and payroll tax laws and procedures;
- Previous experience dealing with federal, state, some foreign, and numerous local tax jurisdictions;
- Knowledge of multi-state regulations for reciprocal agreements and nexus;
- Background in accounting fundamentals including the processing of journal entries.
What's Nice to Have
- FPC or CPP certification
- Experience with Puerto Rico payroll tax
The Center of Excellence manages Deloitte's alternative business model businesses as we rapidly grow our client offerings. We are a tightly knit high-performing team, pride ourselves on exceptional service and the ability to build long-term, mutually beneficial, trusted partnerships.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great company. We value our people and offer some of the best employee benefits in the industry.
Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our culture values creativity and innovation. We celebrate our people and their uniqueness. We believe that collaboration is the key to opportunity and success.
Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
At Deloitte, we're a culture of purpose. Today, the interconnectedness of business, markets, politics, and culture requires the adoption of a unified, integrated ethos. At Deloitte, we believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities.
Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want our potential candidates to feel prepared and confident. To help you ace your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the company and the business area you're applying to. We also suggest that you brush up on your interviewing skills and practice discussing your experience and job history with a family member, friend, or mentor. Below, you'll find links to articles that are designed to help you prepare for your interview and show us why you're the perfect hire.
Putting your best foot forward in an interview.
What we look for when first meeting candidates.
Forward-thinking questions to pose during your interview.
7 tips to ensure a strong interview.
As used in this document, "Deloitte" means Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Disclaimer: If you are not reviewing this job posting on our Careers' site (careers.deloitte.com) or one of our approved job boards we cannot guarantee the validity of this posting. For a list of our current postings, please visit us at careers.deloitte.com.
Requisition code: E18HERSPARAH010-CL3
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top