Senior Office Services Assistant – Floor Ambassador (Rosslyn)
Deloitte Services LP includes internal support areas such as Operations (including meeting and event support), Marketing and Communications, Human Resources/Talent, Information Technology, Facilities Management, and Financial Support Services.
As part of the Operations Team, the One Team Ambassador (Ambassador) provides daily office services, hospitality and meeting services support to a varied group of professionals in a large corporate office environment. Through commitment to outstanding customer-centric service levels, the Ambassador ensures high-level operations according to local and national standards.
As the first point-of-contact for internal customers (Deloitte professionals) and guests they assist with a range of services including but not limited to: conference and workspace reservations, general office services, space management, meeting and event planning, and day-of logistics (e.g. set-up, clean-up, a/v support, guest greeting/directing). They work with customers to plan, coordinate, and execute services ensuring that customers' needs are completed according to their request or desired outcome. This requires attention to detail, accuracy, and precision in the performance of their respective duties. Additionally, they collaborate with management and team members and develop and regularly maintain strong organizational relationships with office customers and leadership to deliver optimum services.
Primary deliverables include: ensuring efficient and effective customer-driven operations; teaming and coordinating with colleagues to ensure timely resolution of any work/meeting space and/or meeting service challenges; and serving as the expert to customers for all Operations services.
- Meets and greets customers with a warm and professional disposition while addressing needs with a sense of urgency and priority
- Serves as a primary customer interface and expeditiously assists in addressing or supporting requests which may include: meeting support, facilities issues, housekeeping issues, kitchen/pantry management, A/V, meeting/work space needs, office moves, daily hoteling management (check-ins, reservations, etc.) and other office services. Supports resolution of service related issues/conflicts
- Supports and/or coordinates meeting/event planning and execution including: options/securing internal space for event, catering planning, ordering and execution (set-up/clean-up); space configuration set-up and tear down; A/V set-up, support, and troubleshooting; other day-of execution needs (e.g. signage set-up, delivery of meeting materials); and coordination with other team members/others, where appropriate
- Anticipates/resolves potential conflicts related to space utilization and occupancy. Negotiate alternative solutions when needed
- Ensures physical space is maintained and in good repair by reviewing space and submitting requests for maintenance and general repairs through department ticketing software. This includes lighting repairs, carpet cleaning needs, janitorial needs, etc. Follows-up to ensure all requests have been completed and to satisfaction
- Ensures excellent working knowledge of department service offerings, office space, key office daily meetings and events, leadership and key groups, local amenities, building and Deloitte protocols and procedures
- Supports vendor management by coordinating with vendors (such as building management, caterers, maintenance vendors) and proactively identifying, reporting, and helping facilitate resolution for issues (in coordination with other team members, if applicable)
- Collaborates and trouble-shoots problems with other team members, external vendors and management in support of customers/office
- Fosters and builds positive relationships with team, customers and leadership in all functions at all levels and communicates effectively and proactively, as needed
- Adds value to customer experience through critical thinking, anticipating needs and offering additional services/support, if appropriate
- Maintains and enforces standard office security procedures and security badging accessibly including performing any related duties (as assigned)
- Maintains knowledge and uses departmental software, as required
- Cross-trains in other department services areas to provide back-up support as needed
- Trains and mentors other team members (e.g. new hires) as requested
- Perform other tasks and special projects as required or as assigned by management team
- Bachelor's Degree strongly preferred; minimum high-school diploma required
- Minimum of 3 years of related hospitality or office support experience preferably in a corporate, hospitality, service-oriented or customer-centric environment
- Excellent technical experience including strong Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Confident, professional presence, and positive demeanor
- Professional maturity and ability to interact with all levels of professionals
- Excellent quality-conscious customer service skills
- Ability to use tact and diplomacy in resolving problematic situations
- Professional agility and ability to handle multiple priorities with an appropriate sense of urgency
- Excellent judgment and decision-making skills
- Critical thinking and ability to anticipate needs
- Highly motivated and excellent teaming skills
- Ability to work occasional overtime
- Must be willing to be trained in all functional areas
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
Requisition code: E18ROSSASCBJ022-CL3
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
Back to top