Senior – National Federal Tax – Investment Management – Financial Products
Are you an investment management tax specialist that is frustrated with being in the weeds computing M-1 adjustments? Do you have insight regarding how to streamline tax reporting and planning related to trading financial products? Are you an innovator of cutting-edge technology and want to expand your knowledge into tax? If you answered yes to any of these questions then Deloitte's Partnership Solutions Group (PSG) may be the place for you! As a member of PSG's iPACS Financial Products team, you will be a part of a group that sets the standard for investment management tax technology by creating and working with customized, integrated proprietary applications to drive value for the largest hedge funds and mutual funds in the world.
Work you'll do:
As a Senior Consultant on our iPACS Financial Products team, you will:
- Assist with the development and use of custom technology tools related to the complex tax analysis and reporting needs of financial products
- Assist with the design and implementation of proprietary technologies
- Provide training and ongoing support to tax compliance teams
- Provide tax services by utilizing proprietary technology tools
- Supervise engagement teams and work with Managers and Senior Managers to provide day-to-day guidance to junior staff
- Coordinate assignments between our US and US-India offices
National Federal Tax Services (NFTS) is a national practice within Deloitte Tax LLP made up of a number of tax service offerings. Each NFTS service offering has been developed and built as a result of a tax planning idea, a marketplace need, or a technological innovation – all with the purpose of delivering results for our clients. Our people are entrepreneurial in spirit and have always had the work-hard/play-hard mentality. NFTS service lines provide tax planning and compliance support for the largest organizations across all industries.
One of our rapidly-growing service offerings is our iPACS Financial Products team within the Partnership Solutions Group. Incorporating tax efficiencies into daily business can be a challenge for investment managers without proper data management and tax analysis tools. Through the custom tools developed by our practice, we assist clients with the sophisticated tax analysis and reporting needs inherent in financial products.
- Three or more years tax experience required; hedge fund or mutual fund tax experience preferred
- Knowledge of equities, derivatives, debt, and/or PFICs and the common tax issues related to trading them, such as wash sales, constructive sales, straddles, market discount, OID, and MTM
- Previous experience in the implementation and/or design of tax technology solutions a plus
- Familiarity with portfolio accounting systems a plus (i.e. Advent Geneva, InvestOne, etc.)
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or other business-related field required; advanced degree preferred (e.g., MST or JD)
- CPA, enrolled agent, or other appropriate certification required (or eligible)
- Big 4 experience or comparable a plus
- Strong research and communication skills (both written and oral)
- Highly disciplined and comfortable in a fast-paced environment
- Willing to travel
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
We take pride in our culture and celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness. As a commitment to our people, we offer well-being programs and provide our professional's opportunities for support and flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. This supportive culture helps enable our people to do their best work every day. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area to which you're applying. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: E18NATTSRCRK012-FP
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top