Senior Marketing Manager, Issues-Based Marketing & Strategic Programs Team Lead - Deloitte Consulting
Senior Strategic Marketing Planner – Signature Issues & Strategic Programs Leader
Are you a marketing professional who is unafraid to think differently, always thinks strategically, and keeps current on the latest trends? A team player who can creatively build programs tied to business objectives? We are seeking passionate and experienced professionals to play in this world. If this is you, hit the "apply now" button!
This position (office location flexible), is responsible for providing strategic marketing and communications direction and leadership for Deloitte Consulting's Issues-based Marketing and Strategic Programs team.
The Senior Strategic Marketing Leader will drive the development of the strategy, planning and execution for integrated marketing programs and campaigns that support Deloitte Consulting's Signature Issues. This leader will be responsible for developing, launching and measuring the success of this portfolio of marketplace issues, which serve as the cornerstone for Consulting's Marketing and Communication strategy. The ideal candidate will be a marketing professional — with experience in B2B marketing — with a demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with individuals at all levels of a matrixed organization. The ideal candidate will have deep understanding of integrated marketing and communications, including Digital and Social, Channel marketing, Campaign development, marketing strategy, sales enablement and client-centric marketing. We seek an individual who is unafraid to think differently, always thinks strategically, and keeps current on the latest marketing trends, and understands issues-based marketing.
What you'll do:
As a Senior Marketing and Communications leader in Deloitte Services LP, a subsidiary of the Deloitte US Firms, you will contribute to the growth and development of our organization in a variety of ways, including:
- Serve as marketing advisor to key stakeholders within areas of responsibility – assist with articulation of value propositions and develop marketing objectives.
- Lead and coach a remote team of Marketing and Communication professionals that handle a wide range of responsibilities beyond Signature Issues that are core to the marketing operations aspect of the Consulting business
- Serve as a liaison between key stakeholders, Marketing and Communications, and other areas of Deloitte Consulting and the larger firm (e.g. Analyst Relations, Alliances)
- Bring innovative thinking to all Consulting marketing and communications activities
- Develop framework development and strategic briefs (business case) for potential marketing and communications campaigns; drive approval process for campaigns with key leadership
- Develop, maintain, and drive prioritization of all marketing and communications campaign activities for specific areas of responsibility
- Develop metrics and KPIs to assess campaign success
- Plan and manage marketing budgets for campaigns
- Manage a budget
- Engage Marketing Services, our internal agency, in execution of campaigns; oversee, in conjunction with Marketing Services, delivery of campaigns
Skills and Competencies Include:
- Ability to grasp a deep understanding of the Consulting business and its strategies, with a focus on the portfolio of Signature Issues
- High level of comfort with ambiguity and fluid priorities; ability to manage multiple and complex priorities
- Ability to make connections in highly matrixed environment, with an eye on integration
- Executive presence, professional client service manner, demonstrated ability to take initiative
- Strong persuasive communication skills; able to gain consensus through influence and pivot when warranted
- Strong negotiation and problem solving skills; flexibility and adaptability
- Ability to work in a virtual environment
- Strategic and innovative thinker
The individual will serve as trusted marketing and communications advisor to key business leaders and stakeholders. He/She is part of the Marketing & Communications team at Deloitte.
- 15+ years of experience in marketing, with a focus on marketing and communications strategy and planning
- Deep understanding of integrated marketing and communications strategies and how they come together to provide measurable results
- Deep understanding of buyer personas and client journeys
- Deep understanding of Social and Digital tools
- Previous experience leading and developing a team of junior and senior level talent
- Previous experience in B2B marketing
- Superior Microsoft Office skills (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook); familiarity with integrating various technologies to support marketing efforts
- Undergraduate degree, ideally with a focus in Marketing
- Previous experience with Marketing Automation tools (Eloqua, Marketo or Pardot), a plus
- Master's Degree, MBA preferable
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: E18NYCSSMRJD025-MDL6
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top