Senior Manager - S&O - Health Plans Value Based Care/Strategy
In the current environment, Health Plans face more than an adjustment. They are playing a new role in helping new populations get new kinds of care in new ways. Deloitte's Health Plans practice understands the past and present of the health care industry—and we collaborate with clients to address complex challenges and help them create and shape their future.
The fee-for-service (FFS) model as we know it today may be headed for obsolescence. In its absence, Plans face a crossroads—enhance positions through new models and collaborations, or risk irrelevance. The shift from volume-based to value-based care isn't immediate, but the end of FFS in its current form may be inevitable. This change affects everyone in the health care ecosystem. In order to thrive, Health Plans should consider taking on change early. That means taking the lead in delegating care, driving transparency, aligning incentives, and updating payment models.
Work you'll do
Specialist Leaders are expected to contribute to the firm's growth and development in a variety of ways, including:
- Engagement Management: Lead engagement planning and budgeting; mobilize and manage engagement teams; define deliverable structure and content; facilitate buy-in of proposed solutions from top management levels at the client; direct on-time, quality delivery of work products; manage engagement economics; manage engagement risk
- Client Management: Manage day to day interactions with executive clients and sponsors
- Business Development: Develop and maintain contact with top decision makers at key clients; organize and lead pursuit teams; participate and lead aspects of the proposal development process; contribute to the development of proposal pricing strategies
- Practice Development & Eminence: Develop practical solutions and methodologies; develop "thought-ware" and "point-of-view" documents; participate in public speaking events; get published in industry periodicals
- People Development: Perform role of counselor and coach; provide input and guidance into the staffing process; actively participate in staff recruitment and retention activities; provide leadership and support for delivery teams and staff in local offices
Offering deep industry experience in areas as diverse as health care, insurance, banking, merchandising, and state government operations, we provide clients with a focus on their customers whilst discovering new trends and market shifts. At Deloitte Consulting LLP, we help our clients with their most complex challenges in process improvement, performance management, margin management, and customer service. Learn more about our Service Operations practice.
Deloitte Specialists typically work with a project team dedicated to a single client, taking direction from the project manager. They work side by side with Principals/Partner/Directors and other Consultants at all levels, often with exposure to clients' C-level executives, organizational leaders and team members. Project teams work onsite with the client team, typically necessitating travel three to four nights a week.
- Bachelor's degree from accredited university with strong undergraduate academic record. MBA and/or Advanced degree in clinical sciences preferred (RN, MSN, MD)
- Minimum of 8+ years of professional experience in Health Plans industry, or a mix of a few years' industry experience and functioning as a Manager or higher in a Consulting environment.
- Require business and clinical operations experience and subject matter expertise on Value Based Care, Population Health Management, Care Management, and Analytics; Clinical and HP
- Demonstrates consistent career progression with increasing levels of responsibility; performed above expectations in professional roles
- Ability to work independently; lead teams focused on specific work streams of large projects.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, presentation skills and MS Visio, PowerPoint, Excel and PowerPoint proficiency
- Willingness and ability to travel 80%
- Advanced degree in clinical sciences or MBA from a top tier program
- Superior critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional interpersonal, team-building and communication skills
- Outstanding integrity, initiative, creativity, and passion
- Ability to work in an ambiguous environment
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment.
- Live within commuting distance to one of Deloitte's consulting offices
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Who says work can't be fun? At Deloitte Consulting, the worlds of business, creative, and technology intersect to transform the way we work, play, and communicate. We can't quite put our finger on it, but that combo creates something kind of magical. In studios or on the road, we believe in our people, and we understand that quality of life directly impacts quality of work. We pride ourselves on our flexible work environment and distinctive culture. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
As used in this document, "Deloitte" means Deloitte Consulting LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.
This publication contains general information only and Deloitte is not, by means of this publication, rendering accounting, business, financial, investment, legal, tax, or other professional advice or services. This publication is not a substitute for such professional advice or services, nor should it be used as a basis for any decision or action that may affect your business. Before making any decision or taking any action that may affect your business, you should consult a qualified professional advisor. Deloitte shall not be responsible for any loss sustained by any person who relies on this publication.
Copyright © 2016 Deloitte Development LLC. All rights reserved.
Requisition code: E18NATCSRMPC003-SO
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top