Senior Manager, Corporate Strategy
Job Title: Senior Manager, Corporate Strategy
Locations: Tri State (New York City)
Deloitte is one of the leading professional services organizations in the United States specializing in audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory services with clients in more than 20 industries. We provide powerful business solutions to some of the world's most well-known and respected companies, including more than 75 percent of the Fortune 100.
At Deloitte, you can have a rewarding career on every level. In addition to challenging and meaningful work, you'll have the chance to give back to your community, make a positive impact on the environment, participate in a range of diversity and inclusion initiatives, and get the support, coaching, and training it takes to advance your career. Our commitment to individual choice lets you customize everything from your career path to your educational opportunities to your benefits. And our culture of innovation means your ideas on how to improve our business and your clients' will be heard.
Visit www.deloitte.com/us/careers to learn more about our culture, benefits, and opportunities.
The Senior Manager will work as part of Deloitte LLP's internal corporate strategy team to support and lead specific corporate strategy projects that focus primarily on growth, innovation, risk, and operations within the Deloitte US firm. Projects could include any of Deloitte's specific functional businesses, including Audit, Consulting, Advisory, and Tax, cross functional business opportunities, new services or businesses, or specific channels (e.g., clients, industry sectors, geographies). The Senior Manager will interact with the senior most leaders in the organization and execute various special projects which have the potential to significantly impact our organization.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Providing deep thinking and content on top business issues
- Executing and managing large, complicated strategy projects with multiple stakeholders, including off-short professionals, which involve strategy development, analysis and planning for achieving business growth, performing market entry and/or expansion, and developing other strategic initiatives related to clients, services, industry programs, talent, and global network collaboration
- Working with leadership team to achieve and sustain superior overall performance
- Overseeing primary and secondary research efforts of the team
- Developing content for executive level presentations and reports to communicate and achieve buy-in for strategic recommendations
- Designing and facilitating various workshops and working sessions with Deloitte's senior executives to build understanding and drive choice
- Developing a high degree of trust with key internal client base to help manage client relationships, engagement risks, and project economics including planning and budgeting
- Working with key Strategy stakeholder groups to build cross-functional relationships across the organization
- Acting as a counselor and coach, taking responsibility for developing the careers of junior team members, and providing guidance in staff recruitment and retention activities
Qualifications and Skills
- Senior strategy professional with minimum 6 years post-MBA from Top 20 program
- Prior experience with Fortune 500 internal strategy group, strategy management consulting, or similar professional services, multi-functional environment
- Track record of advising senior leaders on wide range of business issues; ability to seamlessly interact with firm leaders and their project teams
- Critical thinker but can also execute on the details
- Ability to work well under pressure and act in utmost confidentiality with sensitive leadership information
- Outstanding technical skills (Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint)
- Outstanding analytical and research skills (qualitative and quantitative)
- Superior project management, time management, and client relationship management skills.
- Able to manage several projects simultaneously and autonomously, as well as prioritize as necessary
- Superior written and verbal communication skills; strong presentation skills
- Extremely strong interpersonal and team building skills; able to foster a cohesive and effective work environment
- Self-confidence, diplomacy, poise, business judgment, maturity, discretion, and empathy are all key attributes for success
- Little to no travel (note: exceptions for non-NYC project based work may arise)
Requisition code: E18NYCSRMNM005-CL6
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top