Senior Manager, Communications
Deloitte Services LP includes internal support areas such as Marketing and Communications, Human Resources/Talent, Information Technology, Facilities Management, and Financial Support Services.
Sr. Manager, Communication
Location: Nashville, TN
The key performance objective of this position is the ability to provide strategy, counsel, planning, and execution support for key ITS priorities and initiatives, with an emphasis on cyber security communications. The individual in this role will work closely with ITS senior leaders and be responsible for developing and strengthening trusted advisor relationships. They will be responsible for cyber communications, crisis communications, and ensuring the success of a number of complex, technology communications campaigns for internal audiences and strategies for high visibility service lines and priority client service teams. The role will foster relationships with key stakeholders, and partner with clients to produce clearly defined and consistent communication plan messaging. They will also help manage and develop members of the ITS internal communications team, managing proposed communication plans, and providing training to the team as necessary.
Illustrative Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops and executes innovative, effective communications that engage the audience and are aligned with U.S. strategy. Provides strategic counsel, planning, and execution support for key ITS priorities and initiatives for high visibility service lines and priority client service teams, with an emphasis on cyber communications, and crisis communications.
- Develops trusted advisor relationship with senior ITS leaders. Partners with stakeholders to clearly define communication requirements and deliver expected results. Works closely with senior staff to ensure accurate and consistent communication planning and firm-wide messaging.
- Identify and manage executive speaking engagements for ITS leaders, both internal and external opportunities.
- Manages and develops communications staff members, recommends candidates for hire, conducts training and assigns tasks. Contributes to performance management appraisals and monitors work performance including reviewing communications plans, editing, providing feedback, and identifying developmental opportunities; contributes to the success of the communications team through education and mentoring programs.
- Produces and manages executive communications materials for internal clients. Prioritizes strategic communication messages to include in communication vehicles. Manages review and distribution process.
- Manage multiple assignments under high pressure deadlines with little supervision.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
Required Technical Skills:
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office and social media tools required
- May require intermediate proficiency in SharePoint
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree; MBA a plus.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in corporate communications (or related field)
Requisition code: E18NATSSRMJD051-ITL6
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
Back to top