Senior Manager - Accounting & Reporting Transformation - Life Sciences & Healthcare (LSHC)
Accounting & Reporting Transformation Services Senior Manager
We are looking for individuals who will assist Chief Financial Officers (CFOs), Chief Accounting Officers (CAOs), Controllers, and business unit finance leaders solve complex financial accounting and reporting issues. Our team of accounting and reporting specialists focus in the following areas:
- Accounting & Reporting Advisory - Assist companies in understanding, assessing impact and operationalizing complex accounting and reporting changes resulting from shifting regulations, new accounting standards and capital market transactions.
- Cost Transparency & Alignment - Leverage cost accounting and technology capabilities to align cost data, provide transparency and visibility to cost drivers and profitability, and remove process and technology constraints that prevent clear cost information from being utilized for strategic decision-making.
- Integration/Divesture/Readiness Services – Assist companies in meeting the accounting and reporting challenges resulting from business transactions such as acquisitions, divestitures and initial public offeringp>
- Financial Integrity – Assist companies in achieving financial integrity and efficiency within key areas of the record to report cyclp>
The opportunity within A&RT is to serve clients across the following industries:
- Consumer & Industrial Products (C&IP) which includes the Aerospace & Defense, Automotive, Consumer Products, Process & Industrial Products, Retail & Distribution and Travel, Hospitality & Leisure sectors
- Energy & Resources (E&R) which includes the Oil & Gas and Power & Utilities sectors
- Financial Services (FSI) which includes the Banking & Securities, Insurance, Investment Management and Real Estate sectors
- Life Sciences & Healthcare (LSHC) which includes the Life Sciences and Healthcare Providers sectors
- Technology, Media & Telecommunications (TMT) which includes the Media & Entertainment, Technology and Telecommunication sectors
Work you'll do
As part of the A&RT team, the Senior Manager plays a crucial role in the development and delivery of client-focused projects including technical accounting and reporting analysis. In addition, Senior Managers demonstrate success managing high-performing professionals while delivering client deliverables. They will provide leadership to shape, create and deliver world-class offerings in the marketplace
- Engagement Execution:
- Oversee and perform accurate analysis and effective diagnosis of client issues and manage day-to-day client relationships
- Generate innovative ideas and challenge the status quo
- Participate in engagement planning and budgeting; participate in defining the work product structure and content; provide on-time delivery of quality work products; manage engagement economics; manage engagement risk
- Facilitate use of technology-based tools or methodologies to review, design and/or implement products and services
- Identify and apply relevant specialized technical accounting, regulatory standards, cost accounting concepts, financial close and Consolidation/Financial Reporting, financial operations
and applications across multiple industries
- Business Development: Participate in the proposal development process; lead proposal pricing strategies; develop and capitalize on client relationships; identify "pull through" opportunities for Advisory services outside of A&RT.
- Practice Development & Eminence: Bring an existing "brand" to the group that is recognized by your peers and by broader industry groups.
- People Development: Actively participate in recruitment and retention activities; provide support for delivery teams; council, coach and lead more junior members
- Must be willing to travel (typically Monday – Thursdap>
ACCOUNTING & REPORTING TRANSFORMATION
We provide our clients with an extensive range of accounting and reporting services designed to help enhance the value finance delivers to its overall business. We work with organizations to help them reduce risk and improve internal and external reporting capabilities to meet accounting and regulatory requirements, and/or enhance strategic decision making. Our deep experience also extends to governance in complex operating models and support for major business events and transactions, including capital markets transactions, derivatives and hedging advisory services. Learn more about Deloitte Advisory's Accounting & Reporting Transformation practice.
- 9+ years of technical or advisory-related experience in entity and enterprise accounting, carve-out, and/or technical accounting, financial planning and analysis and cost accounting.
- Bachelor's degree required, in Finance, Accounting, Information Technology, Risk Management, Economics or related field preferred. Master's degree in Business, Systems or Accounting a plus
- CPA, CIA, CFA, CA, CCA, CMA, CAIA or FRM certification required
- Knowledge of U.S. GAAP, IFRS, and SEC rules and regulations
- Proficiency in MS Office products, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Ability to perform technical research of complex accounting issues
- Mastery of operational and financial internal controls, including work related to compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley.
- Experience as a user of or administrator of a common ERP Finance and Reporting package (SAP, Oracle, JDE, etc) a plus
- Project leadership experience in areas such as process mapping, root cause/gap analysis/best fit, requirements gathering / definition development, financial modeling and value mapping
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: E17NATSMGRPW003
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top