Senior Knowledge Manager, Cross-Industry Services Lead (Senior Manager)
Deloitte leads with purpose, solving complex issues for our clients and communities. Across disciplines and across borders, Deloitte Global supports our network of member firms by developing and driving global strategy, programs, and platforms, and creating new solutions and transformational experiences. Our people share a passion for igniting change and a strong service orientation that shapes our organization and those it supports.
Knowledge Services enables our professionals to leverage the full breadth of Deloitte's global capabilities in service to our clients. Knowledge Services (KS) professionals connect people to knowledge, focusing on essential knowledge management activities such as: managing intellectual property, curating project experiences, capturing and connecting expertise, sustaining networks within and across teams, and enabling the leverage of third-party content.
The Cross-Industry Services Lead will provide oversight and drive operational excellence across all Clients & Industries (C&I) programs. They will serve as a knowledge management (KM) owner and advisor to the C&I Channel, bringing in-depth subject matter expertise in KM, understanding of KS products and C&I services. The Cross-Industry Services Lead will work closely with and support the C&I KS Program Lead to guide strategy, implement cross-team priorities, and streamline knowledge activities to foster a more robust global knowledge exchange for C&I stakeholders and Deloitte as a whole. This will involve working directly with C&I leadership, team members across the C&I team, and building relationships across Business KS and CoRe KS Product teams on broader C&I projects in order to both collaborate and align to Global CoRe KS's strategy, priorities and approaches.
The Cross-Industry Services Lead will also help with oversight and coordination with the Cross-Market Services (MD) team, supporting collaboration and coordination on key projects. Close coordination with the Cross-Customer Services Lead will also be a key focus to collaborate on consistency, customer contracts, knowledge plans, etc.
Practice Area Enablement
- Develop and maintain relationships with Industry team leads, Sector Knowledge Leaders (SKLs), Solution Strategists, Knowledge Managers (KMs) for Businesses and C&I initiatives, Member Firm C&I contacts and other key stakeholders
- Support planning and implementation of overall KS C&I deliverables and cross-team projects
- Identify synergies and opportunities across the C&I team where we can operate more efficiently and effectively
Intellectual Property Management
- Support cross-team projects related to improving how C&I manages intellectual property
- Provide direction and coordinate projects that advance C&I content and qualification collection efforts beyond the expectations of Member Firm Standard 1 targets and KPI goals
- Lead content and IP activities (e.g., migration) in support of Member Firm combinations and acquisitions, as they related to C&I
- Foster and drive participation in activities (e.g. community forums and calls to action) to exchange tacit knowledge and best practices across the C&I KS team, including planning for regular operations, team lead and All Hands meetings and conference calls.
- Support the integration, onboarding and ongoing connectivity and development for incoming Member Firm (MF) C&I team members
Knowledge Platform Optimization
- Leads overall KX Industry site efforts to ensure consistency, guiding standards and governance, and ensuring we have highly usable and integrated sites that support our practitioner and stakeholder needs
- Support integration and ongoing operations of Member Firm C&I content and platforms, working with technical teams to identify innovative ways of providing a highly relevant experience to MF practitioners and providing guidance for MF practitioners
- Deliver recommendations to enhance and optimize global tools to better meet local and global usage, preferences and processes
- Identify opportunities and lead integration of 3rd party content within existing C&I knowledge sharing interfaces
Adoption Measurement & Improvement
- Increase awareness of C&I deliverables and impact, both internally to KS and with key stakeholders, working with KS communications
- Champion knowledge sharing within the C&I network broadly and motivate support for the related services and needed shifts in culture
- Lead development of customized C&I learning aids in association with global and local knowledge tools
- Coach and/or manage the work of team members/Knowledge Management analysts located in offshore delivery locations, such as US-India
- Be an effective Team Leader to assigned Team Members, participating in performance feedback processes, coaching and development
- Operational management: Helps manage any budgetary matters on behalf of the Program lead
Location is open to US locations with a preference for individuals to be located where there is an existing population of Deloitte Knowledge Service professionals. Day to day work is virtual.
Education: Bachelor's degree required; relevant fields of study may include Business, Management, Information Systems, Library Sciences, Journalism and/or Communications. MBA preferred.
Years of Experience: Candidate must have 7-9 years of relevant experience, including experience in knowledge management operations role. Experience in a global professional services organization preferred.
- Experience with electronic knowledge, repository management, intranets/portals, collaborative and social media tools; SharePoint experience a plus
- Experienced, independent thinker with proven project management experience; ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects and stakeholders and deliver results
- Highly responsive with demonstrated ability to take initiative and interact with all levels of management
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional relationship building/relationship management skills to establish rapport, build trust and confidence, and manage customer expectations
- Collaborative, team player
- High comfort level working, managing resources, and collaborating in a virtual, global environment
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and adapt to change; experience managing change, acting as a change agent to influence others
- Strategic and innovative thinker with critical problem solving skills
- Understands the business or industry, relevant marketplace trends and competitive environment
- Prior experience in management consulting/professional services and experience working with account teams a plus
Requisition code: DE18GLBGOP006LN0211
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top