Senior - Investment Management - Private Equity Tax
Deloitte Tax LLP helps companies understand national, state and local, and international tax structures and align the tax function with business objectives.
Investment Management – Private Equity – Tax Seniors
As global leaders in providing professional services to the Investment Management industry, Deloitte Tax LLP works with clients to address a range of critical issues brought on by regulatory changes, competition, globalization, advances in technology, and the changing demands of their investors/customers. Our U.S. tax industry group is comprised of more than 1,400 partners, principals and employees, providing a spectrum of tax services to a broad range of Investment Management companies. Our clients include investment advisers and administrators from every sector of the industry, including hedge funds, private equity, investment partnerships, alternative products, family offices, mutual funds, broker-dealers, banks, insurance companies, and other investment managers.
We are currently looking for Tax Seniors for our Investment Management Tax practice. Tax Seniors have in-depth, first-hand industry knowledge. They draw on experience in accounting and taxation to provide tax compliance and consulting services to Investment Management clients. Tax Seniors identify complex tax issues and provide tax analyses for a variety of entities and their affiliates.
The right person should have a solid understanding of Subchapter K, partnership allocation methodologies, and the tax compliance process for investment partnerships. A general understanding of the taxation of portfolio investments, the international and multi-state tax issues facing private equity funds, key economic terms such as carried interest and management fees, and the taxation of fund investors is a plus.
Tax Seniors in our Private Equity Tax practice perform detail-level review of partnership work papers, allocations and tax returns, as well as prepare materials and research for consulting projects related to tax planning opportunities. Tax Seniors coordinate and communicate with the client contacts to gather information to complete the tax returns. The also train, mentor and supervise new and experienced-level staff and attend required Deloitte Tax LLP and sector-specific training.
- 2 or more years of experience in providing tax planning services or preparing and reviewing client work papers and income tax returns
- CPA, Enrolled Agent, or other appropriate certification (or in the process of pursuing)
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or other business related field
- Advanced Degree preferred: MST, MAcc, JD or LLM
- Prior Big 4 experience a plus
- Experience with managing projects including scheduling, budgeting, client correspondence and billing, excellent technology (i.e. Microsoft Excel and compliance software), research and writing skills
- Knowledge of fund accounting and general ledger accounting a plus
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Strong analytical and communication skills to be able to articulate conclusions, planning opportunites, and risks identified through the research projects
- Some travel may be required
Requisition code: E17NYCTSRCRK005-PE
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top