Senior Hyperion Specialist
Are you a subject matter expert who is passionate about working with data? Are you a hands-on technologist interested in how information can transform business and government? If so, Deloitte could be the place for you! Join our Federal Analytics and Information Management (AIM) team and tackle challenging issues in Advanced Analytics, Big Data Architecture, and Information Delivery. A career at Deloitte will put you on the frontline, supporting Federal agencies tasked with the most critical technical challenges.
Work you'll do
As a Specialist Leader in our practice you will:
- Organize and deliver services on a cross-section of complex projects
- Contribute to the development and cultivation of business and vendor relationships
- As a technical or functional advisor, work extensively with project management to address client needs
- Serve as a "Subject Matter Expert", adding interpretive value to data presented or experienced insight into a functional process or issue
- Display leadership and business judgment by anticipating client and project needs and developing alternative solutions
- Identify opportunities for other Deloitte service offerings that can address client needs
- Manage solutions, delegate resources, and help ensure quality assurance principles are met across projects and deliverables
- Lead and support delivery teams and staff
- Provide input and actively participate in recruitment and retention activities
- Use experience with Hyperion HCPM to better solve the clients current problem
- Work with client directly to help them understand what is going on in the process from a technology perspective
Transparency, innovation, collaboration, sustainability: these are the hallmark issues shaping Federal government initiatives today. Deloitte's Federal practice is passionate about making an impact with lasting change. Carrying out missions in the Federal practice requires fresh thinking and a creative approach. We collaborate with teams from across our organization in order to bring the full breadth of Deloitte, its commercial and public sector expertise, to best support our clients. Our aspiration is to be the premier integrated solutions provider in helping to transform the Federal marketplace.
The Federal Government is seeing massive increases in the amount of information that it creates, collects, and manages to support data driven decision making, and in some cases exceeding the limits of traditional approaches and technology. Our Federal AIM team helps change the way clients leverage data through innovative and robust solutions within traditional landscapes as well as emerging areas including Big Data, Internet of Things/Everything, cognitive analytics, and machine learning.
- Bachelor's degree and at least 8 years of technology consulting or other relevant industry experience
- 3+ years in a technical or functional leadership role
- Experience with developing eminence, thought ware and point-of-view materials
- Proven leadership skills demonstrating strong judgment, problem-solving, and decision-making abilities
- Experience managing senior-level client relationships
- Experience presenting to clients or other decision makers to present and sell ideas to various audiences (technical and non-technical)
- Pre-sales, proposal, and RFP experience
- Experience working directly with business users to gather requirements
- Experience drafting functional and technical specifications and documentation
- Familiarity with the software development lifecycle (SDLC)
- Exposure to any of the following Analytics and Information Management competencies –Data Management and Architecture, Performance Management, Information Delivery and Advance Analytics
- Must be able to obtain and maintain required clearance for this role
- 7+ years of experience in Hyperion
- At least one full Hyperion implementation in past experience
- Degree in computer science, information systems, or other technology-related field
- Prior professional services or federal consulting experience
- Professional experience with one or more of the following technologies:
- BI tools: SAP Business Objects, Cognos, OBIEE, SAS, Hyperion
- DW/ETL Tools: Informatica, ODI, SAP Data Services, SAP BW/HANA, Datastage
- EPM: Hyperion Essbase, Cognos Planning
- EDM: Data Modeling, Erwin, DBA
- MDM – Informatica
- Data Analytics: Big data, ZoomData, Hadoop, machine learning, text analytics, Tableau
- Hyperion HCPM
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: E18ROSSPLCMC006-T
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top