Senior Federal Proposal Manager
Are you up to the challenge of being a trusted business advisor with an opportunity to influence business strategy at one the world's leading professional services firms? If you have experience with the complete federal and acquisition proposal lifecycle and an interest in leading "must-win" proposal opportunities, Deloitte's Federal Market Development team is the place for you! Join our team of professionals in delivering strategic and tactical guidance to senior leadership in support of Federal proposal development efforts.
Work you'll do
As a Senior Manager on our team you will:
- Lead "must-win" proposal opportunities, providing tactical and strategic guidance to senior leadership and client service teams
- Provide performance management of immediate team members
- Contribute to the development and continuous improvement of proposal management processes, tools, and templates
- Provide the leadership, methodologies, procedures, tools, and templates to support Federal proposal development efforts
- Provide leadership to a diversity of matrixed proposal teams and directly affect the outcomes of assigned proposals, thereby positively affecting win rates.
- Act as the central point for the proposal development process by staying up to date on the account proposal pipeline and interacting with pursuit leaders and interfacing with other enabling areas
- Guide proposal teams in developing a strategic approach
- Brainstorm solutions providing tactical advice and guidance with the ability to drive strategy and solutions that result in winning submissions.
- Guide team members (of various specialties and at various levels of seniority) to develop responses that meet the needs of potential clients
- Bachelor's degree in business, English, journalism, marketing, communications or comparable work experience
- 10+ years of experience in Federal Government proposal management, proposal development, and the direct management of proposal operational organizations
- Experience in leading large complex proposals with values in excess of $100m
- Diversity of experience in large corporate organizations and small business concerns
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience leading teams in tactical and strategic discussions
- Experience in public speaking and presentations
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Training in formal capture/proposal methodologies
- Industry-wide best practices in proposal management
- Knowledge and understanding of Federal procurement regulations and practices (including FAR and DFAR)
- Personnel/performance management, including areas such as EEO and employment law
- Project management and capture management
- Editorial practice and standards
- Management of proposal teams, both Deloitte and subcontractor
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
Transparency, innovation, collaboration, sustainability: these are the hallmark issues shaping Federal government initiatives today. Deloitte's Federal practice is passionate about making an impact with lasting change. Carrying out missions in the Federal practice requires fresh thinking and a creative approach. We collaborate with teams from across our organization in order to bring the full breadth of Deloitte, its commercial and public sector expertise, to best support our clients. Our aspiration is to be the premier integrated solutions provider in helping to transform the Federal marketplace.
The Federal Enabling Areas team provides top notch support to Deloitte's internal business units by developing new products and services to sustain competitive advantage, while consistently improving our existing collection of systems, processes, and functions.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: E17ROSSEASMAFS063
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top