Senior Federal Billing Analyst
Are you a numbers person with a keen eye for detail? Do you enjoy digging into financial data and exercising your analytical skills? If so, Deloitte could be the place for you! Our team of experienced Federal Billing Specialists work alongside other Federal Finance professionals and Federal Contracts experts to manage Deloitte's accounts receivables through timely and compliant billing of Deloitte's Federal clients. If you're seeking a role that offers you the opportunity to work with cutting edge financial tools in a dynamic environment, consider a career with Deloitte's Federal Billing team.
Work you'll do
As a Senior Analyst within our team you will:
- Collaborate with other finance and Federal contracts professionals to maintain contract accounts receivable
- Analyze project costs to ascertain allowability and billability, based on the contract and applicable regulations and statutes (e.g., FAR, DFAR, Fly America, Lowest Available Airfare)
- Prepare invoices for Federal clients to include various contract types, including cost reimbursable, time and materials, firm fixed price and related variations of each
- Compile invoice backup documentation to comply with client invoice specifications and Deloitte internal records
- Prepare Booked to Billed reconciliation
- Perform aging unbilled analysis and manage aging receivable collections
- Respond to Federal regulator and/or 3rd party audit requests, to include voucher reviews, contract or funding close-outs and/or business system audits
- Resolve complex invoicing issues that arise due to unique billing requirements, project adjustments or system issues, including indirect and direct rate adjustments
Transparency, innovation, collaboration, sustainability: these are the hallmark issues shaping Federal government initiatives today. Deloitte's Federal practice is passionate about making an impact with lasting change. Carrying out missions in the Federal practice requires fresh thinking and a creative approach. We collaborate with teams from across our organization in order to bring the full breadth of Deloitte, its commercial and public sector expertise, to best support our clients. Our aspiration is to be the premier integrated solutions provider in helping to transform the Federal marketplace.
The Federal Enabling Areas team provides top notch support to Deloitte's internal business units by developing new products and services to sustain competitive advantage, while consistently improving our existing collection of systems, processes, and functions.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, business, finance or other business-related field
- 3 + years of relevant Federal client/contracting experience in an accounting process, such as invoicing, general accounting, finance, account reconciliations and analysis
- Experience with online invoicing systems such as WAWF/iRAPT, IPP, MPO, HHMSA
- Knowledge of FAR/DAR/JTR/GSA
- Advanced Excel skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and adherence to project deadlines
- Experience working in a fast-paced, team environment
- Previous experience in a federal professional services contracting environment
- Deltek Costpoint experience
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: E18ROSSEASAHS001
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top