Senior Expense Auditor
Job Title: Senior Expense Auditor
Channel/Function: Finance & Administration / Policy, Corporate Card, & Expense Compliance
Career Level: 4
- Perform routine and/or extended audits of Time & Expense data and supporting documentation to determine compliance with policies.
- Research instances of non-compliance, high spending, unusual data trends, miscategorizing and/or misrepresenting expenses.
- Prepare succinct audit summaries to communicate audit findings to practitioners, key leaders, and PPMDs.
- Determine the appropriate course of action for resolving each audit in a timely manner.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment while demonstrating supportable business judgment and informed, accurate decision-making skills.
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects with attention to detail, ability to resolve open issues timely, and ability to resolve audits and projects conclusively.
- Develop reports as needed and meet strict audit and reporting deadlines.
- Interact with team Senior Manager and Manager, department leadership, and functional leadership to resolve highly confidential matters.
- Adapt audit techniques as needed by exercising logical business judgment, supportable decision making, and professional skepticism.
- Develop recommendations for improving policy and/or procedures.
- Maintain a strong knowledge of policy updates and changes to ensure audit findings are accurate and up to date.
- Ability to supervise future staff in broader scale review activities and special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor degree in accounting, business, finance or related field required.
- Minimum 4 years' experience in analysis, audit, and accounting.
- Experience with SAP BW, SAP HR, HANA or related financial systems preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word.
- Investigative, unbiased, analytical mindset; logic-driven. Stringently, skeptically, and continuously evaluates quality of investigative/audit information, data integrity, and potential outcomes when forming audit opinions.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills, ability to express complex situations clearly and succinctly.
- Experience and/or demonstrated skills in prioritizing and resolving conflicts with differing stakeholders, including practitioners, key leaders, senior firm management, and PPMDs.
- Able to maintain 100% positive control of sensitive investigative, confidential, and/or personally identifiable information (PII).
- Ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Actively pursuing or possesses Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) certification.
- Required work location: Hermitage, TN
- Travel requirements: Less than 10%
Requisition code: E18HERSASCAH025-CL4
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top