Senior Engagement Manager - NYC
You've heard it before: digital has changed everything. We're all more connected, more informed, more interactive. We have more opportunity, but also more risk. Brands that want to succeed in this new world need a different kind of partner – one that tears down the traditional model of creative, tech, and business services-in-silo. That's what Deloitte Digital is here to do. We don't just apply digital technology. We use it to uncover solutions for the most complex enterprise challenges to transform the customer journey. Deloitte Digital delivers a unique combination of our firm's consulting capabilities, industry expertise and trusted methodologies, paired with cutting-edge creative prowess. Together, we offer the best parts of a creative agency and a strategic IT consultancy. From advanced preconfigured solutions and methodologies, to brand building
and campaign management, Deloitte Digital offers end-to-end solutions that ultimately bring power to the way our
clients engage with their customers—wherever they are on their journey. We view every project through three lenses: strategy, technology, and creative. With any project we take on, we know that the value of our client's brand is in our hands. They demand solutions that mitigate risk, provide business value, and improve brand engagement. Deloitte Digital helps clients balance the allure of emerging technologies with the realities of
their business, the essence of their brand, and the needs of their customers. This helps us to deliver beautiful, functional solutions that meet—and exceed—our clients' needs.
Work you'll do
An Engagement Manager (EM) will be responsible for developing, maintaining and growing client relationships and
leading project teams from project planning through execution, while specifically managing the day to day design and implementation of mobile/digital solutions. The EM will effectively identify and solve project-related problems that are technical, business and resource specific. Facilitates brainstorming sessions, project kick-offs, sprint planning, and retrospectives/post-mortem. Works with cross-functional teams to identify and enact continuous improvements to the project-delivery process.
Engagement Managers are expected to contribute to the organization's growth and development in a variety of ways, including:
- Engagement Management: Lead engagement planning and budgeting; mobilize and manage engagement teams; define deliverable structure and content; facilitate buy-in of proposed solutions from top management levels at the client; direct on-time, quality delivery of work products; manage engagement economics; manage engagement risk
- Client Management: Manage expectations and day to day interactions with executive clients and sponsors
- Business Development: Develop and maintain contact with top decision makers at key clients; organize and lead pursuit teams; participate and lead aspects of the proposal development process; contribute to the development of proposal pricing strategies
- People Development: Perform role of counselor and coach; provide input and guidance into the staffing process; actively participate in staff recruitment and retention activities; provide leadership and support for delivery teams and staff in local offices
At Deloitte Digital we work with some of the world's largest brands. Our cross-discipline teams put our creative and technology chops to the test. Studio-based teams complement our road warriors to deliver engaging new solutions for our clients. Learn more about Deloitte Digital.
- Five plus years relevant consulting or industry experience in mobile, user experience, digital or ecommerce
- Minimum 2 years of experience managing technology engagements
- Experience leading a team of direct reports
- Willingness to travel up to 30%
- At least 1 year of experience in developing or managing iPhone, Android or enterprise-class applications
- Understanding of how handset handsets are architected and interact with networks
- Subject matter expert in mobile technologies and software project methodologies
- Scrum certification or experience
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or other project/program management training
- Experience leading pursuit or sales team
- Experience leading a team of direct reports
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of team
- Willingness to mentor junior staff
- Strong analytical and technical skills
How you'll grow
At Deloitte Digital, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills, work with industry-leading talent on a daily basis, in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career, while delivering products and services to Fortune 500 clients. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Who says work can't be fun? At Deloitte Digital, the worlds of business, creative, and technology intersect to transform the way we work, play, and communicate. We can't quite put our finger on it, but that combo creates something kind of magical. In studios or on the road, we believe in our people, and we understand that quality of life directly impacts quality of work. We pride ourselves on our flexible work environment and distinctive culture. Learn more about life at Deloitte Digital.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
Requisition code: E18NYCCSSMGZ010-DD
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top