Senior DevOps Cloud Web Engineer
Deloitte Services LP includes internal support areas such as Marketing and Communications, Human Resources/Talent, Information Technology, Facilities Management, and Financial Support Services.
Senior Cloud Web Engineer
Career Level – CL4
The Client Solutions Group reports to the office of the Deputy CIO for Technology and is responsible for delivering DevOps services which accelerate the delivery of both revenue-generating and internal applications. The DevOps group flexes to support business-lead software development while bring to bear best practices which streamline and fully automate the release management pipeline.
The successful candidate will engineer, install, configure, monitor, maintain and troubleshoot Deloitte's cloud applications and hosting platforms in an environment that embraces DevOps philosophes to empower the implementation of tools and processes which enable the rapid development and deployment of software, continuous integration/deployment, automated quality checks, and operational metrics that can be consumed by development teams. This position is responsible for execution, engineering, and operational tasks for applications and hosting platforms running in the Public and Private Cloud. This responsibility includes both IaaS and PaaS services.
The position requires a strong understanding of hosting Cloud applications that leverage the Microsoft technology stack as well as a solid understanding of the Microsoft Windows Server platform. IaaS and PaaS application development/hosting experience is required and responsibilities will extend to PaaS services such as Azure Service Bus, Virtual Networking, Azure AD, Cloud Storage, and Azure Service Fabric. While the emphasis is on the Microsoft platform limited experience with variants of Linux is required. This role works with operations and project teams to deliver production application support. In performing this role, the successful candidate will work with in-house developers and production support teams to resolve platform operational issues for Hybrid and non-Hybrid Cloud applications. An understanding of cloud and web application troubleshooting techniques -- such as log analysis, .NET profiling, client side HTTP profiling, and basic network traffic analysis is required.
Additional position duties include:
- Install, configure, automate, and monitor various Cloud Services (IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS), IIS, and other web hosting technologies.
- Assist in-house development teams with application/platform integration issues such as security/permissions, Service configuration, and network issues (name resolution, firewall port flows, and load balancing).
- Devise and execute test plans to reproduce and validate problem root cause in non-production environments.
- Drive service recovery efforts by completing server/client log analysis, network traces and process profiling via .NET profilers. A working knowledge of web application troubleshooting and monitoring tools -- such as Wireshark, Fiddler, HTTPWatch, LogParser, Perfmon, MS SCOM, OMS, and New Relic are desirable.
- Identify virtual and physical infrastructure issues which impact the functionality of the application and hosting platform. A working knowledge of Active Directory, SQL server, firewalls, and load balancing solutions is desirable.
- Perform operational engineering for activities which include platform upgrades, patching, monitoring, configuration, and troubleshooting.
- Provide periodic off-hours on-call support for production systems per team rotation.
- Leverage established system performance standards to support capacity management objectives.
- Implementation and periodic testing of business continuity plans for supported hosting environments.
- Communicate and troubleshoot issues across multiple stakeholders in the ITS organization. Interaction with people at a variety of technical and management levels will occur daily.
- Identify opportunities to script operational procedures to reduce manual effort.
- Have a clear understand of paradigm difference between traditional datacenter and cloud hosting. The ability to understand the security and performance ramifications between the two is a must.
- Understand cloud web hosting infrastructure architectures which utilize relational & NoSQL databases, scale-out/load balancing solutions, content caching techniques, shared directory services, and layered network security models.
- Possess strong analytical and problem solving skills, experience in a transactional high-volume, high availability production environment.
- Ability to handle multiple projects, self-reliant, self-motivated and possesses a "can do" attitude.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to contribute as a member of cross-functional virtual teams.
- Ability to learn and execute operational procedures in a timely fashion.
- Understand and execute standard IT service management process such as change, incident and problem management.
- Ability to automate operational procedures.
- Understand and implement industry accepted application/platform monitoring approaches.
- Must have at least 3 years of relevant IT experience supporting applications and hosting with two of the years pertaining to Cloud hosting (IaaS and PaaS).
- 2 years of experience managing systems in environments where IT service management frameworks are leveraged (based on ITIL, COBIT, MOF, or similar frameworks).
- Ability to work a schedule that accommodates on call support hours.
- Demonstrates a working understanding of web hosting infrastructure architectures, SDLC, basic programming practices, and core networking principles.
- Demonstrates a strong understanding of cloud application troubleshooting techniques and strategies including the ability to use a variety troubleshooting tools.
- Demonstrates the ability to manage multiple project deliverables on multiple projects effectively.
- Demonstrates excellent communication and reasoning skills.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business Information Systems or relevant experience and accomplishments.
- Ability to travel ~20%.
Requisition code: E18NATSASCSH007-ITL4
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top