Senior Designer - Data Visualization - Senior Manager/Specialist Leader
Creative and innovative positions available in the Analytics Visualization Studio (VizStudio)!
While analytics isn't new, we're experiencing a renaissance in the science, technology, and application of business analytics today. Which makes it hard to keep up. Many business leaders are facing the dilemma of how best to quickly get up to speed on what analytics can actually deliver in practice. That's where Deloitte's VizStudio team can help.
The VizStudio was established in 2011 with the mission to help clients discover and pursue valuable opportunities. We use leading analytics and visualization technologies to co-create rapid prototypes and facilitate actionable insights. The VizStudio serves as a global center of excellence for data analytics visualization at Deloitte.
We work with clients to discover insights through analytics, answer data-driven questions through visualization, and gain perspective through design thinking. To date, we have created over 200 high-impact prototypes for various clients around the world to help them discover and pursue their newest opportunities.
We are looking to add a Senior Designer to our team to create impactful and dynamic visual interfaces for the next generation VizStudio solutions and prototypes. The Designer will work closely with developers, data scientists and clients to understand their challenges and craft solutions that help them to solve their toughest problems. Designers work as part of the VizStudio team to contribute to the visualization of frameworks, ideas, and new offerings and businesses. This includes participating in the definition of new concepts and in the exploratory design development process, with direction and coaching from a more experienced designer. Additionally, the Designer plays a key role in supporting the design needs of business development efforts and internal engagements.
- A Bachelor's degree and 3+ years of front end design experience are required.
- Available portfolio of in-market examples of successful user interface design, focused on web or mobile.
- Expertise in designing interactive user interfaces and web interface details for various mobile and interactive platforms.
- Demonstrated experience using HTML5, CSS, and Adobe CS tools.
- Ability to work well in teams while independently managing all of the design components related to a given project.
- Experience leading portions of design work.
- Communicates clearly and concisely, both written and verbal.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment
In addition, a successful Designer will have the following preferred skills:
- Proficiency in D3.js.
- Experience designing interfaces for wearable technology.
- Experience in animation and videography.
- Experience in data visualization using Tableau or a comparable BI tool.
- Experience with Spotfire, Qlikview, D3, R, SPSS, SAS.
- Graduate degree with a major in Human Computer Interaction or a closely-related design field.
Requisition code: E18NATCMGRHM060-SO
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top