Senior Customer Insights Specialist - Chicago & NYC
Doblin + Deloitte Digital are looking for skilled research specialists who want to experiment across methods to inform the products, services and customer experiences of the future. Insights specialists are highly skilled in one or more discipline of user-centered research both to explore new domains and to evaluate and test new ideas. Directing the discovery process as part of design and innovation teams, this role involves close collaboration with design, strategy and technology colleagues to ensure that primary and secondary insights are driving client results.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Directing research framing, planning, execution and analysis
- Choosing and advocating for research methods to employ across research types
- Leading research at the front end of projects to include ethnographic-style interviewing, observation, and other methods
- Leading evaluative research, leveraging various types of digital and physical prototypes to refine concepts based on user input
- Leading the development of research outputs and narratives, incorporated into large-scale workshops and client meetings
- Serving as the voice of customers in front of senior client audiences
Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate these characteristics:
- A passion and curiosity for learning about the world, human behavior, and the motivations that lie beneath the surface to create solutions that fit into people's lives
- Compelling written and spoken communication
- Great attention to detail and a passion for experimenting with new ways of improving the quality of insight we bring when solving problems
- Interest in empathizing and engaging directly with clients
- Interest in collaborating and working on multi-disciplinary teams.
- A Master's degree in a relevant field (human factors, sociology, anthropology, design strategy, innovation, industrial / organizational psychology, human computer interaction) and 2-4 years' experience in the practical application of research methods to business contexts
- OR equivalent relevant experience (5 + years) at an innovation strategy consultancy or in a corporate user-centered innovation research role
- Demonstrated experience as a client-facing advisor on research-related topics
- A passion for and working knowledge of the design and innovation process
- Ability to travel at least 50%
Requisition code: E18NATCSSRTN023-DD
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top