Senior Consultant/Manager- Technology support - Innovation - Shanghai
The Technology Guru is responsible for advising, planning and supporting all technological elements of Deloitte Greenhouse™ engagements and client experiences. The Technology Guru manages the day to day technical operations to ensure we deliver an exceptional and differentiated client experience for all of our visiting clients, including those at the VP or C-suite level. He/ she serves as conduit between the client requirements and the technical aspects of engagements.
About Deloitte Greenhouse
Deloitte Greenhouse™ is an integrated solution where a physical space, people, technology and content work in congruence to deliver extraordinary outcomes. Deloitte Greenhouse ™ changes the way we solve our clients’ challenges, inspiring and initiating innovative thinking and collaboration at an accelerated rate, and driving actionable outcomes. It is a catalyst for change that nurtures better solutions to complex business challenges and offers a unique transformational and collaborative experience.
Roles and Responsibilities
- To assist Greenhouse Leader/Team with technology-related support services activities, such as monitoring AV/Technology vendors etc.
- To obtain and test presentations and other multimedia elements that will need to run during the sessions well before the session;
- Collaborate regularly with relevant internal teams (i.e. Innovation, Analytics, Digital, Business Operations, IT) to foster alignment and a dialogue of feedback and continuous improvement.
- To support clients in the running of the technology in the Greenhouse facility during sessions including the running of all software/technology solutions;
- Monitor status; escalate and mitigate issues and risks as appropriate
- Support Greenhouse team with other duties as may be required
Technology service offering
- Stay abreast of advances in technology and introduce relevant new technology solutions/ tools/ equipment and applications (technologies)
- Work to strategically craft and deliver technological architectures (services and technology)
- Codify new technology offerings (i.e. Mobile applications) for use in client sessions
- Identify current and future customer service requirements by establishing personal rapport with persons in a position to understand service requirements
- Development of technical solutions
- Work with the procurement team to identify technology suppliers and/or partners who would support the delivery of the ultimate client experience and make recommendations accordingly.
- To maintain the technical equipment used in the Greenhouse (e.g. monthly stock take, damages, breakages and unaccounted for items)
- Support and advise all technology infrastructure and additional collaboration tools in the Greenhouse
- Suggest ways to continuously improve on current infrastructure and implement solutions to technology challenges
Support technical requirements for successful collaboration sessions
- Interface with Greenhouse team members to understand what support their session needs
- Design, build, and assist in facilitating collaborative software sessions
- Identify and respond to any product defects that impact the client’s ability to successfully run a session
- Support the technology inside and outside of the facility by understanding the clients needs and configuring an IT architecture to enable maximum client success (mitigate any and all possibilities for technical failures)
- Act as a consultant and advisor to internal clients
- Plan and action hardware logistics (Tablets, servers etc.)
- 4-5 year working experience (senior consultant level)
- Bachelor degree in an IT / engineering/ related field advantageous
- Passionate, creative, timely and resourceful.
- Be vigilantly punctual and flexible with their time (willing to work outside normal office hours)*
- Knowledge of current live event tools and developments
- System knowledge and domain expert
- Knowledge of various programming languages, software, and hardware platforms
- Good analytical skills with an ability to problem solve, high attention to detail and task orientation
- Proven ability to collaborate with others, also where no direct reporting relationship exits (interpersonal skills)
- High degree of endurance and flexibility to work through multiple iterations of work and quickly manage changing priorities and diverse subject matters (adaptable and open to change)
- Strong communication skills (oral and writing), in both Mandarin and English (ability to develop clear messages to effectively inform senior leaders)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, SharePoint, Windows (all platforms) and Apple OS/iOS
- Attending to any client requests within reason and experience (happy to help attitude)
- Able to work calmly under pressure and within a dynamic team
- Must be energetic, flexible, highly organized and hardworking
- Arrives at work by 8:30am and leaves no sooner than 5:30pm on non-session days. On session days arrive at least an hour before the session starts, unless the session starts after 09:29am then the usual 8:30am arrival is expected. The Technology Guru can only depart once the session is closed, or when the Experience Architect/ Greenhouse Lead is happy for the Technology Guru to leave and confirms this in writing.
Requisition code: CN128228
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top