Senior Consultant - Technology, Consulting - Georgetown University
Today, technology is moving faster; the rate of change is accelerating and is altering the logic by which businesses need to operate. We're looking for an experienced Technology Senior Consultant who can help clients adapt to the challenges and opportunities presented by the current technology trends. From designing and implementing IT strategy and operations to support business strategies to collection and management of data, we need a master planner who can advise clients, cut through complexity, and inspire value-driven strategic decision-making.
Work you'll do
- System Integrations - You'll work with clients across a broad spectrum of commercial clients and government (Federal, State and local) to propose, plan and deliver transformative technology projects. You will utilize your business-to-technology skills and communication skills to support our clients in achieving their strategic goals, by delivering on our key offerings, including enterprise architecture, program management, system implementation, testing and solution integration. As a trusted client advisor and team lead, you will also drive innovation by bringing your perspective on new and disruptive technologies (like IoT, Cloud, Analytics), which can transform our clients' business and yield significant competitive advantages.
- Technology Strategy & Architecture – TS&A advises CIOs, CTOs and business leaders to develop IT strategies for business outcomes, drive efficient IT operations, evolve key IT capabilities to meet changing market dynamics and deliver IT-enabled business transformation. We bring strategies, services and tools to manage Information Technology investments, portfolios and operations, including creating, leveraging, and applying innovative technologies to optimize business performance. Our expertise spans the entire technology stack, from applications to infrastructure. We design architectures and build IT solutions to translate strategic business decisions into an organization's technology foundation. We identify emerging technology trends that are relevant to business and shape end-to-end solutions through key strategic partnerships. We lead clients thorough the complex transitions that come with M&A transactions and the transformations that are part of that journey including: target identification and pre-deal due diligence, M&A roadmaps, strategies, and synergy targets, developing Day 1 projects and plans and post Day 1 planning and executiop>
Technology and your talent can answer many complex business questions. Our Technology Consulting team plays a major role in directly linking technology insights to our clients' organizational goals. At Deloitte, our technology consultants create sharply-focused solutions within a business' full operating model, accounting for its people, intellectual capital, technology, and processes.Learn more about our Technology Consulting practice.
- A technical background via an undergraduate degree or work experience
- Enrollment in a Master's of Business Administration program
- A Bachelor's in the following or related area(s): Computer Science, Computer Information System, Management Information Systems, Data Analytics, Math, Accounting, Business, Finance, Marketing, Operations, Statistics, Supply Chain, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Engineering Management, or Industrial Engineering
- Strong academic track record (minimum GPA of 3.5)
- Three to seven years' experience, with one to two years' experience in roles that have used technology as a business enabler
- Travel up to 80% may be required, dependent on project role and location
- U.S. Citizenship and ability to obtain U.S. Security Clearance (Federal Practice candidates only)
How you'll grow
As a new Technology Senior Consultant, your first years will provide you with education, experience, and leadership opportunities that can help you build your future with us. Our learning programs are designed to develop your skills in four key areas — technical, professional, industry, and leadership. You'll also have access to a career roadmap that will help you fully leverage the opportunities you need to be effective. Your leadership and talent professionals will work to deliver engaging learning and networking opportunities virtually, in your local office, and at Deloitte University. Along the way, you'll have access to mentoring, counseling, and training opportunities to help foster and accelerate your development of new skills and capabilities. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. We also suggest that you brush up on your behavioral and case interviewing skills and practice discussing your experience and job history with a family member, friend, or mentor. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: S17GTNCF18JLYCO-T
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top