Senior Consultant, Technology, AIM
Deloitte Consulting LLP seeks a Senior Consultant, Technology, AIM in Chicago, IL and various unanticipated Deloitte office locations and client sites nationally.
Work You'll Do
Work independently without continuous supervision or direction of a Manager, design, develop, and implement systems and processes to capture, integrate and distribute information in an enterprise. Function as a bridge between technology teams and businesses to develop end-to-end delivery plans to meet client needs. Schedule and attend regular meetings with internal project leadership to communicate the status of project and risks. Advise clients on implementation options and recommend approaches. Develop proposals for client request for proposals (RFPs) and support sales related activities. Plan and coordinate testing of developed changes (Systems Integration Testing and User Acceptance Testing). Analyze requirements to perform gap analysis and design solutions for implementation utilizing methods including focus groups, requirements workshops, and reverse engineering. Develop functional specification documents utilizing context diagrams, functional decomposition, use case diagrams, sequence diagrams and user stories. Perform project coordination activities including leading status meetings, gathering updates, and processing tasks. Train new team members on client systems and communicate with clients. Develop Structured Query Language (SQL) scripts to extract data from various environments utilizing Teradata and Oracle SQL Developer to enable adhoc reporting. Document business logic and database queries. Interact with business users to understand changes in business requirements, analyze technical impact, document changes and communicate changes to teams. Design and create development tasks to fast-track development and maintain on-time delivery of client deliverables. Develop content for internal training on NoSQL and Big Data technologies including MongoDB, Amazon DynamoDB, and Neo4J.
- Bachelor's degree or foreign equivalent degree in Engineering (any), Information Technology, Computer Information Systems (CIS) or a related field.
- Two years of experience providing IT consulting services to clients.
- Must have two years of experience with:
- Analyzing requirements to perform gap analysis and design solutions for implementation utilizing methods including focus groups, requirements workshops, and reverse engineering;
- Developing functional specification documents utilizing context diagrams, functional decomposition, use case diagrams, sequence diagrams and user stories;
- Performing project coordination activities including leading status meetings, gathering updates, and processing tasks;
- Training new team members on client systems and communicating with clients;
- Developing SQL scripts to extract data from various environments utilizing Teradata and Oracle SQL Developer to enable adhoc reporting;
- Documenting business logic and database queries;
- Interacting with business users to understand changes in business requirements, analyzing technical impact, documenting changes and communicating changes to teams;
- Designing and creating development tasks to fast-track development and maintain on-time delivery of client deliverables;
- Developing content for internal training on NoSQL and Big Data technologies including MongoDB, Amazon DynamoDB, and Neo4J.
- 15% travel required.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can helpthem to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. We also suggest that you brush up on your behavioral and case interviewing skills and practice discussing your experience and job history with a family member, friend, or mentor. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte" means Deloitte Consulting LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Requisition code: XGGS18FC0518CHI6
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top