Senior Consultant TARDI, .Net, C#, SQL, developer with computation heavy applications, financial services
.Net. SQL. Agile. SCRUM. You’re a .Net front-end and SQL back-end programmer who enjoys hands-on development. You want to learn new technologies and new skills! You want to lead teams in an onshore/offshore model, be challenged, and realize growth opportunities! You want this role!
Work you’ll do
As a Senior Consultant on our NFTS, PSG, TARDI team, you will assist with the design, analysis, development, implementation, and deployment of new data-driven, web-based applications. Additionally, and you will:
- Provide support for existing systems.
- Work independently and within a team of developers to deliver end-to-end web solutions for moderate to complex projects.
- Work with peers to carry out code reviews and unit testing of new development, and create unit test plans and scenarios for development unit testing.
- Review project requirements and assess and estimate the necessary time-to-completion.
- Document new developments, procedures, or test plans as needed.
- Interact with other development teams to ensure a consistent, uniform approach to software development.
- Prepare technical design documents using enterprise standard documentation tools.
- Support system testing by following up on and closing defect tickets in a timely manner.
- Deploy all integration artifacts to testing and production environments.
- Supervise and mentor junior team members in U.S. and U.S.-India.
National Federal Tax Services (NFTS) is a national practice within Deloitte Tax LLP made up of a number of tax service offerings. Each NFTS service offering was developed and built as a result of a tax planning idea, a marketplace need, or a technological innovation—all with the purpose of delivering results for our clients.
The Partnership Solutions Group (PSG) is a service line of NFTS and one of the fastest-growing practice groups in all of Deloitte Tax. PSG professionals counsel privately-held and publicly-traded partnerships across the United States on a wide-range of federal tax issues involving mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, initial public offerings, post-offering compliance, and process design and improvement.
One of our fast-growing, unique service offerings is our Partnership Solutions Group, Tax Accounting & Reporting for Debt Investments (TARDI) practice. Those pursuing investment opportunities in the distressed loan, MBS, and ABS markets are consistently challenged to properly address the complex tax accounting that can apply. This quickly becomes a task that is often heavily dependent upon effective data management. Through a combination of tools developed by Deloitte’s Securitization and Partnerships Solutions practices, we can assist with the complex tax and reporting needs of large pools of debt and debt securities.
- 5+ years’ experience in .Net programming
- Experience in web design and development in Microsoft technologies (.Net 3.5 or higher)
- Experience with VP.Net, C#, Ajax, XML/XSLT/XPATH, ADO.NET, VB.NET, MVC, Angular.js, and Object-oriented programming
- Bachelor’s degree in business information systems, computer science, business/technology or similar degree
- Experience with SDLC methodologies
- Experience developing and maintaining software framework and services using the .Net framework and Microsoft technologies
- Good understanding of .Net Fundamentals (i.e., interfaces, inheritance)
- Experience developing ASP.Net web services, windows services, and WCF
- Knowledge of design patterns and architectural patterns
- Experience with Visual Studio 2010 or higher
- Experience with Source Control – TFS 2010
- Experience with SQL Server 2012 or higher
- Experience with database design, querying, stored procedures, views, joins, performance, etc.
- Experience with computationally demanding solutions
- Experience working on Agile development methodology and SCRUM processes
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and virtually
- Ability to understand business problem(s) being addressed by the project
- Ability to work 50-60 hour work weeks and some weekends as needed
- Able to travel up to 30%
- Working knowledge on QlikView, HTML5, jQuery, and Kendo
- Experience working in Financial Services environment
- Experience working in consulting environment
How you’ll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
We take pride in our culture and celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness. As a commitment to our people, we offer well-being programs and provide our professional’s opportunities for support and flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. This supportive culture helps enable our people to do their best work every day. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you’re applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: E17LOSTSRAFS021-NFT
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top