Senior Consultant - State Government Medicaid - Strategy & Operations
Are you interested in working with State Medicaid agencies to design and implement initiatives that improve upon the management of their health programs, overall financial performance, and the health outcomes? Our advisory services and solutions focus on four critical areas: policy and program design, analytics, organizational transformation, and ongoing program evaluation. In an environment in which states are being asked to do more with less, Deloitte brings a wealth of knowledge, experience and solutions to help health agencies plan for the future.
Join the dedicated public sector specialists in Deloitte’s State Government Strategy and Operations practice and work with state officials to help develop and effectively implement a transformation roadmap. We understand mission-centric organizations and how to apply private-sector tactics where required to enable desired outcomes. Our multidisciplinary approach incorporates analytics, cost reduction, business model transformation, change management, communications, and process transformation. Projects include assisting states with program waiver options, state Medicaid plan amendment design, Medicaid payment reform strategies, as well as providing business and systems expertise for Medicaid Management Information Systems.
Work you’ll do
Senior Consultants work in a collaborative team environment, delivering policy, business and systems expertise for Medicaid services. Senior Consultants review client policy and state and federal laws and regulations to understand current issues and health reform priorities. Senior Consultants research and identify Medicaid policy and waiver changes in other states to highlight leading practices, potential risks and solutions to client initiatives. Senior Consultants participate in setting engagement objectives and scope, identify changes in scope, develop work plans for components of engagements and coordinate activities between work streams. Senior Consultants design deliverable content to precisely reflect the engagement contract and client needs and strive to improve deliverable quality through verification and validation of results.
As a part of Deloitte Consulting LLP, our Strategy & Operations consultants offer insightful recommendations and data-fueled strategies to help our clients address some of their most complex business issues.
If you have experience working in a collaborative culture and delivering value through the application of technology, strategy, and process improvement, you may be a great fit for our team. We tackle our clients’ organizational strategy, financial management, supply management, innovation, and growth issues and help to enhance their business performance, productivity, and long-term profitability. Join us, and play a key role in designing our clients’ roadmap to the future. Learn more about our Strategy & Operations practice.
Offering deep industry experience in areas as diverse as health care, insurance, banking, merchandising, and state government operations, we provide clients with a focus on their customers whilst discovering new trends and market shifts. At Deloitte Consulting LLP, we help our clients with their most complex challenges in process improvement, performance management, margin management, and customer service. Learn more about our Service Operations practice.
How you’ll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you’re applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
- A bachelor’s degree and 5 years big firm consulting and/or industry experience are required; an advanced degree and 2+ years big firm consulting and/or industry experience will also be considered.
- Understanding of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid (CMS) policy guidance and approval processes.
- Knowledge of Medicaid fee-for-service and managed care operations, payment processes and performance incentives.
- Understanding of Medicaid data collection and data sets, including HEDIS measures as well as claims and encounter data.
- Demonstrated secondary research skills including knowledge of major public domain resources useful to background research for Medicaid.
- The ability to synthesize overall strategy by analyzing a wide variety of solutions, selecting the most relevant tools/techniques to meet specific client requirements such as business case, pricing, or complex financial analysis, and interpreting and reporting on outputs.
- Experience participating in setting engagement objectives and scope; developing work plans for components of engagements, coordinating activities between work streams and identifying changes in scope.
- Demonstrated experience in designing deliverable content to precisely reflect the engagement contract and client needs and strive to improve deliverable quality through verification and validation of results.
- Up to 80% travel is required.
- Ability to work independently; lead small teams focused on specific work streams of larger projects.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills (MS Visio, MS PowerPoint).
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment.
Eagerness to mentor junior staff.
Requisition code: E17NATCSCRMC020-SO
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top