Senior Consultant S&O SCMO Product Development / C&IP Manufacturing
The expanding and transforming manufacturing industry is putting new pressure on companies' manufacturing and supply chain organizations to simultaneously improve the quality of products, increase the speed of delivery, and lower costs.
It is a tall order for companies to consistently deliver the right combination of products, at the right time, at the right cost—especially when a changing marketplace leaves little or no room for inefficiency. Deloitte's Supply Chain & Manufacturing Operations services can help clients meet the goal of delivering quality products to their customers within business constraints. Learn more about our supply chain and manufacturing operations consulting practice.
Work you'll do
Senior Consultants participate in project work streams or components of large, complex engagements. Senior consultants handle the detailed, quantitative analysis work associated with developing meaningful insights to address Deloitte clients' biggest challenges.
Typical project responsibilities of Senior Consultants could be:
- Participate in setting engagement objectives and scope; develop work plans for components of engagements, coordinate activities between work streams and identify changes in scope
- Design deliverable content to precisely reflect the engagement contract and client needs and strive to improve deliverable quality through verification and validation of results
- Participate in the development and presentation of proposals for business development activities
Deloitte Senior Consultants typically work with a project team dedicated to a single client, taking direction from the project manager. They work side by side with Principals/Partners/Directors and other Consultants at all levels, often with exposure to clients' C-level executives, organizational leaders and team members. Project teams work onsite with the client team, typically necessitating travel three to four nights a week.
- Bachelor's degree from accredited university with strong undergraduate academic record
- 4+ years of professional experience in industry (or 3 years with MBA degree)
- Demonstrates consistent career progression with increasing levels of responsibility; performed above expectations in professional roles
- Ability to work independently; lead small teams focused on specific work streams of larger projects.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, presentation skills and MS Visio, PowerPoint, Excel and PowerPoint proficiency
- Current knowledge of some or most of: R&D Product Development, Product Life Cycle Management, Product Data Management, Tech and Design Transfer, Transfer, Change Control & CMC, Quality & Compliance and Product Commercialization
- Experience with the strategy and implementation of PLM systems such as Agile, TeamCenter or Windchill.
- Willingness and ability to travel 80%
- Advanced degree in business (e.g., MBA) from a top tier program
- Superior critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional interpersonal, team-building and communication skills
- Ability to lead small teams and own deliverables
- Outstanding integrity, initiative, creativity, and passion
- Ability to work in an ambiguous environment
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment.
- Live within commuting distance to one of Deloitte's consulting offices
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Who says work can't be fun? At Deloitte, the worlds of business, creative, and technology intersect to transform the way we work, play, and communicate. We can't quite put our finger on it, but that combo creates something kind of magical. In offices or on the road, we believe in our people, and we understand that quality of life directly impacts quality of work. We pride ourselves on our flexible work environment and distinctive culture. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: E18NATCSRCPC130-SO
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top