Senior Consultant S&O Life Sciences R&D
The professionals in Deloitte's Life Sciences Research & Development practice understand the unique challenges confronting today's Life Sciences organizations. Our approaches are pragmatic and realistic, and span the continuum from new R&D operating models through portfolio management, data analytics, IT transformation, and regulatory and safety considerations.
The pressures of ever-looming patent cliffs and demands for less expensive drugs and medical devices are making product innovation an imperative for Life Sciences companies. Due to client demand, we are seeking top, high-performing Senior Consultants who will participate in our growth while delivering optimum service in this fast changing environment.
Work you'll do
Senior Consultants participate in project work streams or components of large, complex engagements. Senior consultants handle the detailed, quantitative analysis work associated with developing meaningful insights to address Deloitte clients' biggest challenges.
Typical project responsibilities of Senior Consultants could be:
- Participate in setting engagement objectives and scope; develop work plans for components of engagements, coordinate activities between work streams and identify changes in scope
- Design deliverable content to precisely reflect the engagement contract and client needs and strive to improve deliverable quality through verification and validation of results
- Participate in the development and presentation of proposals for business development activities
Senior Consultants in the Life Sciences R&D practice work with a project team dedicated to a single client, taking direction from the project leader. Our Principals/Partners/ Directors serve as the project leaders and Senior Consultants work with them and other Consultants at all levels, often with exposure to clients' C-level executives, organizational leaders and team members. Senior Consultants will participate in work streams of client projects and contribute to the overall engagement delivery. Project teams work onsite with the client team, typically necessitating travel three to four nights a week.
- Bachelor's degree from accredited university with strong undergraduate academic record
- 4+ years of professional experience in industry (or 3 years with MBA degree)
- Demonstrates consistent career progression with increasing levels of responsibility; performed above expectations in professional roles
- Ability to work independently; lead small teams focused on specific work streams of larger projects.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, presentation skills and MS Visio, PowerPoint, Excel and PowerPoint proficiency
- Willingness and ability to travel 80+%
- Advanced degree in business (e.g., MBA) from a top tier program
- Superior critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional interpersonal, team-building and communication skills
- Ability to lead small teams and own deliverables
- Outstanding integrity, initiative, creativity, and passion
- Ability to work in an ambiguous environment
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment.
- Live within commuting distance to one of Deloitte's consulting offices
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
Who says work can't be fun? At Deloitte, the worlds of business, creative, and technology intersect to transform the way we work, play, and communicate. We can't quite put our finger on it, but that combo creates something kind of magical. In studios or on the road, we believe in our people, and we understand that quality of life directly impacts quality of work. We pride ourselves on our flexible work environment and distinctive culture. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Requisition code: E18NATCSRCPC123-SO
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
Back to top