Senior Consultant - Securitization Transactions (Analytics)
Deloitte Advisory - Financial Transactions Securitization :
Our securitization transaction professionals are engaged on performing agreed-upon procedures on new issuance securitization transactions backed by Mortgaged-Backed Assets (MBS), Asset-Backed Securities (ABS), Commercial Mortgage-Backed Securities (CMBS) and other Residential Mortgage-Backed Securities (RMBS) structured products. Our services include asset level file review, capital structure cash flow modeling, recomputing advanced asset and bond analytics and review of relevant offering document . We have experience with a diverse list of asset classes including: single-family residential, multifamily, commercial, auto, equipment, REO-to-rental, peer-to-peer, timeshare, student loans, credit cards and various esoteric assets, such as cell towers, containers, railcars, tax liens, tobacco settlements, whole business and others. Our clients include primary broker dealers, investment banks and mortgage loan originators/issuers in the fixed income industry.
We are looking forManagers to join our Securitization Transactions Team in our New York office. Our team's main focus is to issue agreed upon procedure reports related to new issuance and re-securitizations of certain Mortgaged-Backed Assets (MBS), Asset-Backed Securities (ABS), Commercial Mortgage-Backed Securities (CMBS) and other Residential Mortgage-Backed Securities (RMBS). A candidate for this Manager role would be responsible for directly interfacing with clients, attorneys and other professionals within the organization and the industry. In addition, for each proposed securitization transaction play substantive/lead role on each engagement planning, economics, and billing. In addition, demonstrate a general knowledge of market trends, competitor activities, Deloitte products and service lines to identify opportunities to cross-sell other services. Our clients include Wall Street investment banks and mortgage loan originators/broker dealers in the fixed income industry. Overall, the Securitization Transactions Team offers a unique opportunity to gain invaluable technical skills in an evolving industry.
Essential functions of a Manager include:
- Overseeing team of consultants and senior consultants and performing agreed upon procedures on each securitization transaction engagement using our proprietary software applications (VBA based cash flow modeling tool ("Niagara") and Collateral Analysis System ("CAS") and industry system platforms (Bloomberg, Intex and TREPP)
- Responsible for preparing and issuing Agreed-Upon Procedure reports and invoices
- Help develop and maintain proprietary securitization collateral and cash flow models, analyze results and provide explanations for discrepancies to ensure compliance with each transaction's offering documents.
- Manage expectations of deliverables and timing with Underwriters, Issuers, Attorneys and engagement team to prepare and verify information in marketing materials, Prospectus Supplements and Private Placement Memorandum
- Provide and monitor constructive on-the-job feedback and conduct performance reviews, train first year and junior analysts on common modeling structures and troubleshooting techniques
- Contribute to a strong client relationship through interactions with client personnel.
- Contribute to a positive team attitude
Managers are required to have:
· Four year college/university program required, with BS/BA in accounting, finance or economics
· MS/MBA/ PhD are helpful, but not required
· CPA, CFA, CAIA or FRM Certification Required
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, Access)
- Strong spreadsheet modeling skills required
- Exposure to computer programming languages such as VBA, industry system platforms such as Bloomberg, Intex or TREPP are helpful but not required
- 3+ years of experience in financial cash flow modeling securitization transactions in Excel/ VBA
- 3+ years of experience in coordinating and communicating with working party such as bankers, attorneys, collateral managers
- 2+ years supervising and training staff
- Minimal to zero travel required (less than 10%)
- Well versed in interpretation of legal documents such as offering memorandums, offering circulars, indentures and private placement memorandums, etc.
- Ability to working independently and multitask in fast paced environment to meet client deadlines
- Strong organizational, analytical skills, problem-solving skills and high attention to detail
- Highly developed written and strong oral communication skills
- Prior Big 4 Accounting Firm or relevant working experience in the following industries desired (minimum of 4 to 5 yrs experience):
· Mortgage and asset-backed securities
· Accounting Firms
· Corporate Trust
· Mortgage Banking
· Loan Servicing
· Fixed income investments
· Rating Agency
Requisition code: E18FSRCKC004-SEC
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top