Senior Consultant: Internal Audit, CCAR
Deloitte Advisory helps client manage strategic, financial, operational, technological, and regulatory risk to maximize enterprise value, while our experience in mergers and acquisitions, fraud, litigation, and reorganizations helps clients move forward with confidence.
Internal Audit (IA): IA is a market offering within Business Risk service area. It helps boards and senior executives better manage enterprise risks by helping organizations enhance the effectiveness, quality, and value received from internal audit. Our broad understanding of risks and areas of operational improvement – particularly the nuances of specific industry sectors and markets – can help internal audit functions improve their performance and operating efficiency and bring value to their organizations.
Comprehensive Capital Analysis and Review (CCAR)
Our CCAR professionals will assess the development and maintenance of enterprise-wide Pre-Provision Net Revenue risk and financial forecast modeling used in the CCAR and stress testing process.
This involve the assessment of leading model methodologies and applying those methodologies to build robust forward looking models, providing input to the framework for model development, including financial forecasting principles and standards, ensuring understanding, acceptance and mitigation of risks from the use of models, and the corresponding roles and responsibilities inherited from such use. The details are summarized as follows:
This position assesses various quantitative CCAR and stress test models as required the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency, the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation and the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System for banks and used by internal stakeholders. The model building includes, but is not limited to the acquisition of financial data (internal and/or external), design and implementation of multiple models that are linked to macroeconomic scenarios as provided by the Federal Reserve or internally developed by the bank.
The position will assess and recommend modeling approaches for deposit volume and mix under various economic scenarios. The position will recommend potential model methodologies and develop models for forecasting asset balances (including loans and deposits), loan spreads, funding costs, noninterest income and noninterest expense based on macroeconomic scenarios.
Senior Consultant, General Job Duties:
- Demonstrate advanced understanding of business processes, internal control risk management, and related standards
- Identify and evaluate complex business and technology risks, internal controls which mitigate risks, and related opportunities for internal control improvement
- Understand complex business and information technology management processes
- Execute advanced services and supervise staff in delivering basic services
- Assist in the selection and tailoring of approaches, methods and tools to support service offering or industry projects
- Understand clients’ business environment and basic risk management approaches
- Demonstrate a general knowledge of market trends, competitor activities, and Deloitte products and service lines
- Actively participate in decision making with engagement management and seek to understand the broader impact of current decisions
- Generate innovative ideas and challenge the status quo
- Build and nurture positive working relationships with clients with the intention to exceed client expectations
- Identify opportunities to improve engagement profitability
- Participate in and actively support mentoring relationships within practice
- Excellent potential for 1) playing lead role in designated tasks of the project team in gathering, organizing and analyzing data; 2) making major contributions in assuring products/deliverables meet contract/work plan and; 3) strong potential for growth and acceptance of additional responsibilities
- Guide clients with the development and execution of internal audit plans, including addressing the requirements of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX) if appropriate
- Plan and manage internal audit reviews/projects of business (i.e., financial, operational, compliance, etc.).
- Includes planning of the audit approach and scope, preparation of an audit program, determination of the auditing procedures to be used, identification of specialists needed, etc.
- Review working papers as prepared by team
- Provide recommendations for improved and enhanced controls and business efficiencies to client
- Prepare project reports and deliverables, and present project results to client senior management
- Apply internal audit standards in planning and execution of internal audit reviews/projects
- Coordinate other engagement activities, such as status reporting to the client, issue tracking, etc.
Other Professional Responsibilities:
- Develop excellent professional oral and written communications in order to establish working relationships with client personnel and communicate engagement results
- Apply problem-solving skills and deliver Deloitte methodology on engagements
- Exercise professional judgment on engagements and provide proactive solutions and recommendations
CCAR Senior Consultant Qualifications
- 3+ years of relevant work experience, including supervisory experience, with industry focus a plus
- Bachelor’s degree (in Accounting, Business Administration, Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field preferred)
- Masters’ degree in a quantitative field (Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Economics, Mathematical Finance) highly preferred; or a combination of quantitative and business degrees preferred.
- Knowledge of financial theory; risk related models (credit, market, operational and liquidity etc.), capital (EC, RC) and stress testing models, pricing and valuation models etc.
- Knowledge of CCAR and stress testing requirements as well as regulations related to capital planning and risk management.
- Knowledge of financial services products (commercial loans, CRE, construction loans and residential mortgages, etc.) and processes preferred.
- Some experience in complex model development in risk management, capital and/or asset liability management.
- Knowledge of quantitative data mining and statistical analysis techniques with minimum of three years of working experience; experience pertaining to stress testing, and AMA modeling would be an asset.
- Knowledge of credit portfolio management and measurement techniques (methodologies of economic capital, capital allocation, RORAC, general allowance model, risk aggregation and diversification etc.) and tools such as CreditMetrics, KMV Credit Monitor, KMV Portfolio Manager, KMV Risk Frontier etc.
- Certification as CPA, CIA, and/or CISA preferred
Requisition code: E17NYCESCLH21-IAC
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top