Senior Consultant - Insurance- Strategy & Operations
Deloitte's Insurance Service Operations practice works with insurance executives to transform disjointed operations into an integrated sales and service delivery system that can support an insurer's ability to identify, write, and retain profitable customer relationships. Our team includes professionals who have led some of the world's top insurance carriers, brokers, agencies, and reinsurance companies.
Work you'll do
- Streamlining legacy processes and supporting technologies
- Operating model enhancement
- Performance benchmarking
- Strategic underwriting
- Improved inforce management
- Claims cost containment
- Enterprise cost management
A part of Deloitte Consulting LLP, our Strategy & Operations consultants offer insightful recommendations and data-fueled strategies to help our clients address some of their most complex business issues. We are a diverse and talented team that supports a collaborative culture and delivers value through the application of technology, strategy, and process improvement. We tackle our clients' organizational strategy, financial management, supply management, innovation, and growth issues and help to enhance their business performance, productivity, and long-term profitability. Join us, and play a key role in designing our clients' roadmap to the future. Learn more about our Strategy & Operations practice.
Offering deep industry experience in areas as diverse as health care, insurance, banking, merchandising, and state government operations, we provide clients with a focus on their customers whilst discovering new trends and market shifts. At Deloitte Consulting LLP, we help our clients with their most complex challenges in process improvement, performance management, margin management, and customer service. Learn more about our Service Operations practice.
- Senior Consultants will synthesize overall strategy by analyzing a wide variety of solutions, selecting the most relevant tools/techniques to meet specific client requirements such as business case, pricing, or complex financial analysis, and interpreting and reporting on outputs.
- Senior Consultants will participate in setting engagement objectives and scope; develop work plans for components of engagements, coordinate activities between work streams and identify changes in scope.
- Senior Consultants will also design deliverable content to precisely reflect the engagement contract and client needs and strive to improve deliverable quality through verification and validation of results.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree and 5+ years consulting/and or industry experience or an MBA with 2+ years relevant work experience.
- Bachelor's Degree is required.
- Ability to travel 80% required.
- Ability to work independently; lead small teams focused on specific work streams of larger projects.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills (MS Visio, MS PowerPoint).
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment.
- Eagerness to mentor junior staff.
- An advanced degree is preferred.
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: E17NATCSRCKH017-SO
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top