Senior Consultant - Healthcare Provider Clinical Supply Chain Pharmacist
Sr. Consultant: Health Care Provider - Clinical Supply Chain Pharmacist
The team – About our Provider Clinical & Operational Excellence Practice
Deloitte works alongside clients throughout a project continuum to reduce operating costs and improve margins while striving to consistently improve quality, service and value. We help our clients from assessment through implementation to create an infrastructure that enables sustainable, ongoing improvement in an uncertain time of regulatory reform. Our teams include professionals who have experience leading hospitals and health care systems in realizing significant savings while transforming the way patient care is delivered. We incorporate leading practice methodologies, tools and training that helps make operational change sustainable. Learn more about our Provider Clinical & Operational Excellence practice.
Supply Chain & Manufacturing Operations: Our Supply Chain & Manufacturing Operations service line improves the effectiveness and efficiency of the planning/engineering, sourcing, manufacturing, and delivery/logistics of business processes to create a strategic, competitive advantage.
One of the services our Provider practice provides to health care providers is supply chain optimization (pricing and utilization), including analyzing the group purchasing organization, contracts and inventories to find ways to reduce costs and make smart buying decisions.
Work you'll do
Senior Consultants perform detailed, quantitative analysis work associated with developing meaningful insights to address health care providers' biggest challenges. These challenges encompass everything from helping providers increase revenues, decrease costs, accelerate cash flow, improve clinical outcomes and operational workflow efficiencies by addressing people, processes, and technology across every aspect of the project lifecycle. Responsibilities typical of a Senior Consultant could include:
- Conduct detailed analyses to draw conclusions, and develop pertinent and insightful recommendations
- Leverage Deloitte's methods, tools, and assets to design solutions for complex organizational challenges
- Participate in setting engagement objectives and scope
- Develop work plans for specific components of an engagement
- Manage large, confidential and complex data sets
- Conduct client interviews and facilitate client meetings
- Develop process flows depicting pain points in the business process
- Design deliverable content to reflect the engagement contract
- Present findings and recommendations to client leadership
- Work alongside clients to implement recommendations and achieve business objectives
- Coordinate activities between work streams on a larger engagement
- Mentor and develop junior staff
- Support proposal development, such as client interview, issues identification and summarization, outline project approach, draft proposal content
Strategy & Operations
A part of Deloitte Consulting LLP, our Strategy & Operations consultants offer insightful recommendations and data-fueled strategies to help our clients address some of their most complex business issues. We are a diverse and talented team that supports a collaborative culture and delivers value through the application of technology, strategy, and process improvement. We tackle our clients' organizational strategy, financial management, supply management, innovation, and growth issues and help to enhance their business performance, productivity, and long-term profitability. Join us, and play a key role in designing our clients' roadmap to the future. Learn more about our Strategy & Operations practice
- At least 2-5 years' experience as a clinical pharmacist in large multi-hospital system or academic medical center; additionally, pharmacy consulting experience and/or MBA preferred. Residency trained added bonus.
- Lead assessments of pharmacy operational processes to determine drug expense savings, process improvement, and revenue generating opportunities.
- Lead redesign and implementation projects to streamline resources, processes, and technologies across the client's pharmacy continuum including inpatient, outpatient and/or retail services
- Perform research, data analysis, benchmarking and development of tools, graphics and presentations as appropriate to assist the client in understanding methods and processes required to achieve measurable results.
- Build effective and sustainable relationships with key industry leaders and clients to develop new engagements.
- Strong executive presence and client presentation skills. Ability to work independently on multiple workstreams while developing teams.
- Demonstrated experience in business development and concurrently overseeing client deliverables.
- Strong executive presence and client presentation skills. Ability to work independently on multiple work streams while developing teams.
- Demonstrated experience managing complex, multi-thread programs including scope definition, objective prioritization, risk management, and issue resolution.
- Expertise in delivering high-quality program outcomes according to the scope, work plan, quality standards and budget.
- Ability to support development of others by delivering key performance feedback, coaching and demonstrating role-model behavior.
- Experience in leading senior client teams (C-level executives, SVPS's, etc.)
- Demonstrate consistent career progression with increasing levels of responsibility.
- Perform above expectations in previous professional roles.
- Competent in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint.
- Willingness and ability to travel 90%.
- Must live within commuting distance to one of Deloitte's consulting offices.
- Professional experience with operational process mapping
- Professional experience with healthcare cost reduction planning and implementation
- Experience with healthcare organization M&A, physician alignment, or financial margin improvement initiatives
- Excellent undergraduate academic record (GPA 3.5+)
- Advanced degree in business or health care-related field (e.g., MHA, MBA) from a top tier program
- 2+ years of management consulting experience in a health care related field
- Professional competence in Microsoft PowerPoint, Visio, and Access
- Superior critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional interpersonal, team-building and communication skills
- Ability to build consensus and foster change in a client business setting
- Commitment to personal and professional growth
- Sense of responsibility to self, team and client
- Outstanding integrity, initiative, creativity, and passion
- Ability to work in an ambiguous environment
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: E18NATCSRCSF108-SO
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top