Senior Consultant, fixed income securities, distressed loans, hedge funds, private equity
National Federal Tax Services, Tax Accounting & Reporting for Debt Investments (TARDI) – Manager GAM
Interested in taking your tax and business experience to a whole new level? Want to work with some of the largest, leading hedge and private equity firms, insurance companies, and banks in the world? Want to be on a team with some of the most diverse backgrounds in the industry – technology, debt and debt securities, attorneys, and accountants? This is the place for you!
Work you’ll do:
As a Tax Senior Consultant (Securitization Analyst) in this group, you will be responsible for asset-level and bond-level diligence and analysis, database management and preparation, collateral statistical analysis, tax reporting of transaction results, and heavy client interaction. Specific responsibilities include:
- Analyzing collateral attributes of residential and commercial mortgage loans and mortgage-backed securities including product type, original and remaining amortization terms, seasoning, and mortgage gross and net rates.
- Projecting and reconciling collateral cash flows using various underlying assumptions at varying interest rates, prepayment rates, and loss stress scenarios.
- Examining loan-level collateral and bond characteristics of residential and commercial mortgage pools and mortgage-backed securities including loan and bond balances, projected cash flows, and calculating yield-to-maturity through the use of Deloitte’s proprietary TARDI software and tools.
- Structuring, restructuring, and planning various transactions including agency / private-label deals, senior / sub transactions, and overcollateralization structures.
- Modeling transaction-specific cash flow and distribution rules and priorities to assess tranche-level performance, and ensuring accurate capital cash flow allocations.
- Calculating tax amounts of OID, market discount, premium, gain / loss, basis, and other items using Deloitte’s proprietary TARDI software and tools.
- Mentor junior staff.
National Federal Tax Services (NFTS) is a national practice within Deloitte Tax LLP made up of a number of tax service offerings. Each NFTS service offering has been developed and built as a result of a tax planning idea, a marketplace need, or a technological innovation – all with the purpose of delivering results for our clients. Our people are entrepreneurial in spirit and have always had the work-hard/play-hard mentality. NFTS service lines provide tax planning and compliance support for the largest organizations across all industries.
One of our fast-growing, unique service offerings is our Partnership Solutions Group, Tax Accounting & Reporting for Debt Investments (TARDI) practice. Those pursuing investment opportunities in the distressed loan, MBS, and ABS markets are consistently challenged to properly address the complex tax accounting that can apply. This quickly becomes a task that is often heavily dependent upon effective data management. Through a combination of tools developed by Deloitte’s Securitization and Partnerships Solutions practices, we can assist with the complex tax and reporting needs of large pools of debt and debt securities.
- 3+ years’ business analysis experience in financial services industry
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field required
- CPA, Enrolled Agent, or other appropriate certification
- At least 1 year practical knowledge in real estate, mortgage products, asset securitizations, and/or amortization of loans
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with management and executive presence
- Problem solving capabilities
- Mathematical and spreadsheet skills
- Able to travel up to 30%
- Degree in financial engineering
- Advanced degree such as MST, MAcc, or LLM
- Big 4 experience or equivalent
How you’ll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
We take pride in our culture and celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness. As a commitment to our people, we offer well-being programs and provide our professional’s opportunities for support and flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. This supportive culture helps enable our people to do their best work every day. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you’re applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: E17MCLTSRAFS033-NFT
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top