Senior Consultant, Corporate Development
Senior Consultant, Corporate Development (Mergers & Acquisitions)
We are looking for an energetic finance professional with outstanding analytical capabilities to join Deloitte's US Corporate Development team; a self-starter and enthusiastic team member who is highly organized with excellent attention to detail. As a Senior Consultant within Deloitte's Corporate Development team, you'll be a critical part of a specialized team that helps shape Deloitte's future with new growth opportunities.
What You'll Do
As a Senior Consultant, you'll work with the Corporate Development team to drive growth across all Deloitte US businesses through acquisitions, joint ventures, other investments, and divestitures of non-core assets. You will add value in many ways:
- Work on all aspects of Corporate Development projects and transactions spanning strategic fit, valuation, due diligence, regulatory compliance, financial modeling, purchase agreements/negotiation, governance approvals, and closing checklist management
- Prepare and manage internal and external parties on any aspect of a transaction. This may include working with investment banks, accountants, lawyers, transaction working group, integration teams, or other Deloitte Member Firms. Drive cross-functional issues to resolution
- Perform financial modeling including but not limited to:
- Financial projections for the potential acquisitions, divestitures, or a specific initiative, including the impact to the firm
- Valuation analysis including multiples and comparables analysis, as well as determining working capital targets
- Research and analysis (using Capital IQ, SEC filings, or various other databases) on M&A activity and special projects which include gathering historical financial data, updating various databases, and tracking, organizing and distributing market information to the Corporate Development team
- Solely manage the due diligence and data gathering process for acquisitions and investments; oversee the diligence data room and coordinate requests across internal and external stakeholders
- Prepare internal presentations and documents for proposed transactions to communicate information and ask for governance approvals. Prepare other pieces of analysis on an ad-hoc basis
- Support the annual ROI and investment tracking process across the acquisition and investment portfolio
- Design and implement processes and tools to make the team more efficient. Lead other initiatives that support and advance the objectives of the team (e.g. tracking the deal pipeline)
How You'll Grow
Furthermore, professional development and helping our people grow are two core beliefs at Deloitte. We provide access to advanced training programs and expert-taught workshops as well as mentoring and coaching to help you grow. At Deloitte we nurture talent by providing supportive leadership for growth opportunities, from hands-on experience to increases in responsibility to rewarding teamwork. We believe that development has no ceiling and we offer lifetime learning opportunities for people at every level of the organization.
What You'll Need
- Bachelors degree in Economics, Finance or Business
- Minimum of 2-3 years of related experience (e.g. Corporate Development, Investment Banking, Consulting)
- Knowledge of finance and accounting
- Strong level of proficiency in the use of Microsoft Excel (financial modelling experience required), Word, PowerPoint, and various research databases
- Strong analytical, quantitative, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively within a non-structured environment
- Must be detail oriented, have strategic thinking skills, and strong organization and interpersonal skills
- Interest in learning about M&A in the environment of Deloitte and collaborating across project teams
Respected as a trusted advisor, the Corporate Development group provides guidance and value to senior management in all areas related to the firm's growth strategy. We are a tightly knit high-performing team, pride ourselves on exceptional service and the ability to build long-term, mutually beneficial, trusted partnerships. Based in San Francisco Bay area, New York City, and Northern Virginia/Washington D.C. area, there may be occasional travel to meet with colleagues.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great company. We value our people and offer some of the best employee benefits in the industry.
Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our culture values creativity and innovation. We celebrate our people and their uniqueness. We believe that collaboration is the key to opportunity and success.
Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
At Deloitte, we're a culture of purpose. Today, the interconnectedness of business, markets, politics, and culture requires the adoption of a unified, integrated ethos. At Deloitte, we believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities.
Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want our potential candidates to feel prepared and confident. To help you ace your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the company and the business area you're applying to. We also suggest that you brush up on your interviewing skills and practice discussing your experience and job history with a family member, friend, or mentor. Below, you'll find links to articles that are designed to help you prepare for your interview and show us why you're the perfect hire.
Putting your best foot forward in an interview.
What we look for when first meeting candidates.
Forward-thinking questions to pose during your interview.
7 tips to ensure a strong interview.
As used in this document, "Deloitte" means Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Disclaimer: If you are not reviewing this job posting on our Careers' site (careers.deloitte.com) or one of our approved job boards we cannot guarantee the validity of this posting. For a list of our current postings, please visit us at careers.deloitte.com.
Requisition code: E18NATSASCAH024-CL4
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top