Senior Consultant - Banking - Strategy & Operations
Identify new trends & market shifts within financial institutions…Deloitte's Banking & Securities Service Operations practice helps organizations enhance performance and market position by streamlining and improving operations. We focus on breaking down the complex processes and regulatory requirements that prevent organizations from adapting to market constraints and achieving growth targets. Our team, through time tested analytics, can simplify processes, align technology and reduce operating costs to focus on how services are delivered to drive value for the customer, and financial institutions.
Work you'll do
- Process efficiency & streamlining
- Operating model redesign & enhancements
- Performance benchmarking
- Enterprise cost management
- Strategic & enterprise regulatory management
- Profitability and productivity analysis
- Customer relationship management
Every day, more than 3,500 Deloitte professionals work with leading banking and securities industry players across the country. Walk the halls of the largest banks or top securities firms and you'll see Deloitte banking and securities professionals helping our clients move forward on the path to the new normal in financial services.
Across the complex banking and securities industry, many financial institutions are facing increasing regulation, new tech disruptors, and a challenging growth environment. To help institutions overcome these obstacles, Deloitte's Banking & Securities practice taps into our global network of professionals - bringing together diverse and experienced teams across the industry. Our practice can provide new, forward-looking strategies to help clients navigate through this complex landscape and better position firms for the future.
As part of Deloitte Consulting LLP's Banking and Securities practice, you will provide insightful recommendations and data-fueled strategies to help our clients address some of their most complex business issues. We are a diverse and talented team that supports a collaborative culture and delivers value through the application of technology, strategy, and process improvement. Learn more about our Banking & Securities practice and our Strategy & Operations Service Offerings.
Relevant Deloitte Rankings
- Deloitte ranked #1 globally in Financial Services Consulting, based on revenue, by Kennedy
- Deloitte ranked #1 globally in Cards & Payments Consulting Services, based on revenue, by Kenned
- Deloitte named the global leader in Wealth Management Service Consulting, based on capabilities, by Kennedy
- Deloitte named a worldwide leader, ranked #1 in Finance and Accounting Consulting Services, based on capability and strategy, by IDC
- Deloitte ranked #1 in Financial Consulting in North America, based on revenue, by Kennedy
- Deloitte named a global leader, ranked #1, in Risk Consulting in Financial Services, based on capabilities and revenue by Kennedy
- Deloitte named a global leader in Financial Transformation Consulting Services based on capabilities by Kennedy
- Senior Consultants will synthesize overall strategy by analyzing a wide variety of solutions, selecting the most relevant tools/techniques to meet specific client requirements such as business case, pricing, or complex financial analysis, and interpreting and reporting on outputs.
- Senior Consultants will participate in setting engagement objectives and scope; develop work plans for components of engagements, coordinate activities between work streams and identify changes in scope.
- Senior Consultants will also design deliverable content to precisely reflect the engagement contract and client needs and strive to improve deliverable quality through verification and validation of results.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree and 5+ years consulting/and or industry experience or an MBA with 2+ years relevant work experience.
- Bachelor's Degree is required.
- Ability to travel up to 80%.
In addition, successful Senior Consultants will also have the following preferred skills:
- Ability to work independently; lead small teams focused on specific work streams of larger projects.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills (MS Visio, MS PowerPoint).
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment.
- Eagerness to mentor junior staff.
- An advanced degree is preferred.
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: E17NATCSRCKH022-SO
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top