Senior Big Data Administrator
The Solutions Network (SNET) Practice
Deloitte's Solutions Network (SNET) is a global network that connects Deloitte's solution centers, extended delivery centers, clients, and vendor partners. The primary focus of the SNET is to support client development projects, client pursuits, solution development, and practice development. The SNET does this by providing project teams with a hosted infrastructure that includes a large mix of hardware vendors, operating systems, and technical application expertise. The SNET also provides on-site technical architecture and application experts for Deloitte's clients.
The Solution Network consists of experts with knowledge of all major packaged applications and technologies – PeopleSoft, Oracle, SAP, JD Edwards, Siebel, middleware, BI/DW, JAVA, .NET, networking, SAN, server virtualization, etc. SNET staff is also exposed to new and emerging technology, and in many cases serve as an R&D function for Deloitte.
The Senior Consultant will be responsible for providing expert-level technical leadership for application and technology products supported by the Solutions Network. The position will be focused on supporting client projects as well as sales teams in the configuration, customization, and implementation of selected packages and applications for sales demonstration as well as client-based project implementations using a Big Data technical stack. In addition to hands-on technical work, this position will also require providing assistance to project teams with architecture design, developing documentation and creating client deliverables.
The ideal candidate will have broad implementation and configuration experience with various Business Intelligence/Data-warehousing technologies, preferably in a management consulting environment.
This position may require up to 75% travel.
Competitive candidates for this role will possess the following:
- 6+ years of work experience with Business Intelligence/Data-warehousing products, specifically with installing, configuring, and administering Big Data products
- Hands-on experience on Big Data Vendor products from Cloudera, Hortonworks, Pivotal, MapR, etc.
- Hands-on knowledge of Big Data technologies such as Hive, Hbase, Zookeeper, Spark, Storm, etc.
- Hands-on experience on Hadoop 2.0 components like, Yarn and High availability
- Hands-on experience in creating Clusters, HDFS backup and Migration
- Hands-on experience with cluster upgrades, migrating applications and customization
- Hands-on experience in Authentication/Authorization mechanism such as Kerberos and Sentry
- Experience with production level support for onsite and offshore teams a plus
- Infrastructure architecture experience, including hardware sizing, effort estimation and security design
- Strong DBA skills with at least one of the following: PostgreSQL, Oracle 11g, DB2 10.1 or SQL Server 2012 is strongly preferred
- Experience with at least one of the following is preferred: NoSQL DBs, Cognos, IBM DataStage, DB2, Teradata, Endeca, and SAS
- Knowledge of Middleware packages (WebSphere, WebLogic, WebMethods or Tibco) is preferred
- Excellent listening, written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and reasoning skills, sound decision-making and organizational abilities
- Prior consulting experience is a plus
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, or related technology discipline.
- Ability to travel 75%
At Deloitte you can have a rewarding career on every level! As a dynamic and leading edge company, Deloitte offers a phenomenal opportunity for staff to join a high growth environment to expand, enhance and strengthen their client service and technology skills. In addition to challenging and meaningful work, you'll have the chance to give back to your community, make a positive impact on the environment, participate in a range of diversity and inclusion initiatives, and find the support, coaching, and training it takes to advance your career.
To learn more about our culture, benefits and to submit your resume, visit us at www.deloitte.com/us/careers
Requisition code: E16PHICSRCAL010-SNET
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top