Senior Azure Architect
Deloitte leads with purpose, solving complex issues for our clients and communities. Across disciplines and across borders, Deloitte Global supports our network of member firms by developing and driving global strategy, programs, and platforms, and creating new solutions and transformational experiences. Our people share a passion for igniting change and a strong service orientation that shapes our organization and those it supports.
Audit & Assurance Products and Solutions is currently seeking a Senior Cloud Platform Architect to be responsible for analysis of Audit application requirements, identify technical approaches, formulate system designs, recommend and lead the implementation of architectures that satisfy the requirements. Architectures must ensure data integrity, performance, scalability and high-availability. Primary focus is on design, development and delivery.
AAPS is a global, multi-year audit transformation program that provides a new generation of content, methodology, professional mindset, and technology to equip audit practitioners with the tools and capabilities to perform a truly world-class engagement. Audit is executing upon a strategy to transform audit delivery and disrupt competition through the latest technologies, innovations, and agility enabled by the cloud. .
The successful candidate will be a dynamic individual capable of making significant contributions to the design, development and implementation of sophisticated cloud-based systems. This is a unique opportunity for a high energy professional interested in playing a key role with a top tier global organization.
Role Specific Responsibilities
- Develop expert knowledge of Deloitte's business and problem/solution domain
- Deliver cloud platform architecture documents detailing the vision for how Azure infrastructure and platform services support the overall application architecture; socialize and review with software, database, and testing engineers for acceptance.
- Collaborate with application architects and DevOps to modernize infrastructure as a service (IaaS) applications to Platform as a Service (PaaS)
- Create solutions that support a DevOps approach for delivery and operations of services
- Be a go to person for Cloud Architecture for Audit and Assurance. You should have a deep understanding of IaaS and PaaS services offered on cloud platforms and understand how to use them together to build complex solutions.
- Ensure that all cloud solutions follow security and compliance controls, including data sovereignty.
- Plan, organize, and control multiple responsibilities to achieve project objectives; technically guide projects through to completion. Ensure deliverables are completed within target timeframes and are consistently of high-quality.
- Interact with and advise business representatives of the application regarding functional and non-functional requirements
- Create proof-of-concepts to demonstrate viability of solutions under consideration
- Develop enterprise level conceptual solutions and sponsor consensus/approval for global applications.
- Have a working knowledge of other architecture disciplines including application, database, infrastructure, and enterprise architecture.
- Identify system integration opportunities
- Identify and implement best practices, tools and standards
- Provide consultative support to the DevOps team for production incidents
- Drive and support system reliability, availability, scale, and performance activities
Education: BSCS or MS Degree or concentration in a technical field
- Minimum of 10 years experience in the technology field.
- 2+ years of strong experience with cloud services (Azure preferred)
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server and database administration, including Always On.
- Strong knowledge of Azure, including PaaS and IaaS architectures.
- Knowledge of networking engineering, including DNS, Active Directory, firewalls, load balancers, etc.
- Knowledge of best practices for IT operations in an always-on, always-available service model
- Proven background in the design and implementation of large scale, global, complex custom application development systems (e.g., high transaction volumes).
- Advanced understanding of distributed systems architecture in Azure on a global basis
- Experience problem solving issues on globally distributed systems and critical product service environments
- Capable of technical deep dives into infrastructure, databases, and applications as needed, yet cognitively agile enough to have strategy discussions with leadership
- Must understand the Agile methodology and have worked on a Scrum team.
- Experience of practical implementations of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery tools.
- Direct, hands-on experience with DevOps and release management tools
- Experience with continuous integration tools, such as VSTS, Bamboo, Jenkins, Microsoft TFS, TeamCity, etc.
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Ansible, Chef, or Puppet
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to communicate appropriately with corporate executives and technical teams.
- Excellent influencing and reasoning skills; good at conflict resolution and consensus building.
- After hours on-call support occasionally required.
- Experience working on large project(s) incorporating processes and procedures and standards
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational, coordination, interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership and team-building abilities
- Creativity, self-confidence, and flexibility
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Disclaimer: Nothing in this job description/posting shall constitute an offer or promise of employment. If you are not reviewing this job posting on our Careers' site (jobs2.deloitte.com) or one of our approved job boards we cannot guarantee the validity of this posting. For a list of our current postings, please visit us at jobs2.deloitte.com
Requisition code: DE18USAGOP006LN0467
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top