Senior Associate - Valuation & Modelling Services - Fincancial Advisory - Hong Kong
The Deloitte China network of firms, backed by the global Deloitte network, deliver a full range of audit, tax, consulting and financial advisory services to local, multinational and growth enterprise clients in China. We are one of the leading professional services providers with 21 offices in Beijing, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Changsha, Chengdu, Chongqing, Dalian, Guangzhou, Hangzhou, Harbin, Hefei, Jinan, Macau, Nanjing, Shenyang, Shenzhen, Suzhou, Tianjin, Ulaanbaantar, Wuhan and Xiamen in China.
Deloitte drives progress. Our extensive service spectrum enables us to help clients become leaders wherever they choose to compete. Deloitte invests in outstanding people of diverse talents and backgrounds and empowers them to achieve more than they could elsewhere. Our work combines advice with action and integrity. We believe that when our clients and society are stronger, so are we.
To learn more about how Deloitte makes an impact that matters in the China marketplace, please connect with our Deloitte China social media platforms via www2.deloitte.com/cn/en/social-media.
Financial Advisory (FA) practice of Deloitte China provides strategic and financial advisory services to clients throughout all phases of the economic cycle. FA comprises several distinct but related global service lines whose shared principal objective is the creation and enhancement of shareholder and stakeholder value. We are dedicated to providing clients with a full range of services, including:
Mergers & Acquisitions
- Corporate Finance Advisory Services provide strategic corporate advisory services for corporate finance transactions, ranging from M&A strategy and advisory, capital raising to business disposals.
- M&A Transaction Services assist financial and corporate investors in assessing investment opportunities and providing professional advisory services to support them in making effective and timely business and investment decisions concerning their outbound, inbound or domestic M&A transactions.
- Valuation and Modelling Services guide and advise clients on valuation methodologies and provide valuation advisory services relating to business interests. These include intellectual property, intangible assets, common and preferred stock and other securities, partnership interests, employee stock option plans (ESOPs), private debt instruments, options, warrants, and other derivative products relevant to our clients.
- Deloitte Forensic Services assist organizations in managing forensic issues and focus on outcomes that address reputation protection, asset recovery and prevention.
- Restructuring Services assist financial and corporate investors in assessing investment opportunities and providing professional advisory services to support them in making effective and timely business and investment decisions concerning their outbound, inbound or domestic M&A transactions.
Other Advisory Services
- Infrastructure and Capital Project Advisory Services provide services range from developing the underlying commercial structure, building the financial model to managing the financing process.
- Real Estate Advisory Services provide tailored, collaborated financial advisory services for real estate clients ranging from strategy advisory, cross-border advisory, capital and debt market advisory to divestiture.
As a Senior Associate, you will
- Perform valuations of, and advisory services related to business, intangible asset and financial instrument valuation, both for transactions and financial reporting purposes under HKFRS, IFRS and US GAAP. Valuation work would include data collection and research, valuation analysis using various valuation methodologies, valuation modelling and report writing under the guidance of managers and partners. Senior Associates would also be responsible for supervising junior staff.
- Also have the opportunity to work on financial due diligence engagements if you have audit experience.
- At least two to three years' work experience, with either of the following preferred:
o Experience in business valuation and financial instrument valuation; or
o Big 4 audit experience and fundamental valuation knowledge (e.g. through pursuit of CFA qualification).
- Professional qualification of HKICPA / CICPA / CFA or other equivalent overseas qualifications would be an advantage.
- Bachelor degree or Masters degree with major in accounting, finance, economics, quantitative finance, actuarial science or financial engineering or MBA with quantitative aptitude preferred.
- Strong communication and report writing skills in both English and Chinese
- A good team player with excellent analytical, communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
Requisition code: CN133977
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top