Senior Analyst – Deloitte Entity Search & Compliance (DESC) - Independence Compliance
Independence & Conflicts Network (ICN) – Deloitte Entity Search & Compliance (DESC) Senior Analyst
Are you passionate about compliance? Do you have a strong interest in helping an organization adhere to regulatory policies and guidelines? Then the Independence team is looking for talent like you!
Work you'll do
As part of the ICPN group, you will help the Deloitte US Firms remain independent — unbiased and free from conflicts of interest — when providing services to clients. Independence requirements are defined by specific sets of policies, external rules, and regulations, so maintaining both the independence of the Deloitte US Firms and personal independence is critical to the business and reputation of Deloitte.
Seniors in our group have a challenging opportunity for high visibility and frequent consultation with senior technical partners and leaders in addressing independence-related issues. As a senior analyst, you will participate in a team responsible for our centralized system for monitoring independence of attest clients. You will also be an active participant in handling the timely update and completion of independence checks, processes, and systems. In addition, you will assist in consultations with engagement teams to evaluate and apply independence policy:
- Working closely with partners and engagement team members on policy consultations and business requirements involving the independence systems.
- Undertaking independence processes and assigned projects.
- Conducting the periodic review and update of risk and independence data and processes (including process improvement).
- Attending policy-setting meetings aimed at developing guidance to address emerging issues.
- Drafting internal correspondence aimed at growing awareness of the auditor independence rules and implications of new U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), Public Company Accounting Oversight Board (PCAOB), and American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) rulings.
- New and renewal business relationship reviews within specified timeframes
As part of Risk & Regulatory Affairs, the Independence & Conflicts Network (ICN) DESC team performs a critical quality and risk-management function for the Deloitte US Entities.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- 3+ years of work experience
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical, technical, and organizational skills with an emphasis on detail
- A demonstrated ability to multitask and prioritize amidst multiple projects
- Dedication to professional growth and a willingness to develop new skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Public accounting or financial services experience
- Project team or business analysis experience
- Experience interacting with database-driven applications in support of business processes (e.g., Microsoft Access)
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: E18STMSSPEJD016-USL4
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top