Senior Administrative Assistant - McLean
Deloitte is one of the leading professional services organizations in the United States specializing in audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory services with clients in more than 20 industries. We provide powerful business solutions to some of the world's most well-known and respected companies, including more than 75 percent of the Fortune 100.
At Deloitte, you can have a rewarding career on every level. In addition to challenging and meaningful work, you'll have the chance to give back to your community, make a positive impact on the environment, participate in a range of diversity and inclusion initiatives, and get the support, coaching, and training it takes to advance your career. Our commitment to individual choice lets you customize everything from your career path to your educational opportunities to your benefits. And our culture of innovation means your ideas on how to improve our business and your clients' will be heard.
Visit www.deloitte.com/us/careers to learn more about our culture, benefits, and opportunities.
Deloitte Services LP includes internal support areas such as Marketing and Communications, Human Resources/Talent, Information Technology, Facilities Management, Business Services and Financial Support Services.
Applicants or employees with disabilities must be offered any reasonable accommodations, which are necessary for them to be able to perform the essential functions of a position.
This position plays an integral role in supporting the success of the practice by providing a variety of administrative services to the Greater Washington Managing Partner ("MP") and other PPMDs, including the functional leaders, in a fast-paced, service-oriented environment. The successful candidate will possess strong interpersonal skills and will be able to perform multiple tasks under deadline pressure while maintaining Deloitte's exacting standards of quality.
In this position, the role holder will have responsibility for supporting Partners, Principals and Managing Directors to help ensure timely delivery of client work product. Routine administrative activities include department support, project coordination, meeting coordination, calendar management for the MP (including liaising with many others regarding schedule availability), research, travel arrangements, time and expense management, invoicing, event planning and back-up support for other team members.
Responsibilities may include but would not be limited to the following:
- Compose and edit memos, letters, emails and other correspondence; format, edit and proof documents such as, presentations, proposals (includes print coordination as needed) and other client deliverables according to Deloitte brand standards.
- Build relationships, using various mediums, with customers in all functions at all levels, and assure effective delivery of services
- Conduct research as requested using Internet and intranet resources
- Coordinate work with other national and local teams virtually and in person
- Provide Outlook support (email, including managing distribution lists, proactively managing the calendar of the MP and liaising with many others regarding schedule availability)
- Produce quality work in a fast-paced environment, meeting deadlines as well as customer expectations for quality and accuracy; effectively re-negotiate deadlines when necessary
- Work independently and accurately assess requirements for each project; be able to communicate effectively with customers when there are questions or issues to be addressed
- Support the many efforts of the "Office of the MP", including working closely with others in Greater Washington focused on marketing, community, human resources, events, facilities, IT and logistics
- Manage Dtickets
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of Deloitte brand standards in order to offer accurate guidance to customers
- Perform additional tasks as required
Essential Skills, Abilities and Personal Attributes
- Proactive, self-motivated and team player in achieving business goals
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to engage and interact with internal and external clients at all levels; communicates with a positive, "can-do" attitude and professional demeanor at all times
- Excellent written communication skills with knowledge of proper grammar, punctuation and spelling
- Flexible and adaptable; open to ongoing change in tasks and environment
- Ability to use tact and diplomacy in both verbal and written communications
- Excellent time management skills with ability to prioritize and effectively multi-task
- Superior organization skills and proactive in anticipating business needs; identifies and contributes to developing efficient workflow methods
- Detail-oriented and quality conscious
- Ability to take initiative; assertive, confident and willing to take appropriate action to accomplish tasks; ability to anticipate problems and act accordingly
- Ability to manage confidential information appropriately
- Excellent computer skills including the ability to learn and master a variety of internal custom business applications
- Ability to quickly learn and apply new skills
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- 5 years administrative work and/or client/customer service experience
- Motivated to learn and development new skills
- Positive and professional demeanor
- Strong customer service skills
- Excellent technical skills - MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Proofreading and Internet (database experience – a plus)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to exercise good judgment/decision making
- Solid organizational skills
- Ability to anticipate problems and formulate resolutions
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to interact with multiple leaders focused on executing the strategic plan for Greater Washington
- Dependable and detail oriented
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a high-stress environment – excellent time management
- Ability to take initiative and follow through skills - assertive and confident
- Ability to interact with all levels inside and outside the organization
- Must have flexibility to work overtime as required
Requisition code: E18MCLSASCBJ016-CL3
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top