Senior Administrative Assistant
The Senior Administrative Assistant provides administrative support services for five or more Partners, Principals, and Managing Directors from various functions of Deloitte. While the nature of the job responsibilities will remain primarily administrative, they may differ based on the requirements of each client being served. This position requires a high level of confidentiality and discretion in communications, strong professional and ethical standards, the ability to manage multiple relationships both internally across the firm and externally with clients, excellent time and project management skills, and an ability to understand and adapt to the clients business needs. An advanced proficiency level of administrative skills including communication and computing is required. This position will require flexibility around overtime.
Illustrative Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide administrative support for internal clients (such as partners and managing directors of the firm).
- Coordinates meetings and conferences and may attend department meetings and prepare minutes as directed.
- Handle sensitive/confidential information requiring a high level of discretion.
- Develop a good working relationship with all levels of staff in all departments.
- Cultivate relationships and maintain contact with external clients on behalf of internal clients.
- Function as a backup for other administrative professionals within the group and support other teaming activities as directed.
- Prepare requisitions for specific office purchases with appropriate authorization and arrange for payment.
- Search and collect information from various internal/external sources to provide preliminary research.
- Make time and expense entries accurately in a timely manner.
- Compose business correspondence under direction from the clients served.
- Handle all incoming calls proficiently and follow through with issues raised with appropriate parties.
- Provide communication summaries and place calls on behalf of client as directed.
- Arrange essential mail both paper and electronic to help expedite client actions and avoid missing deadlines.
- Prepare professional business communication documents including memos, letters, invoices and emails with some direction from client.
- Adhere to firm directed formats including fonts and logos for all internal and external communication documents.
Organizing and Planning
- Arrange and reserve conference rooms, catering, audio visual and telephony equipment for meetings and conferences as requested by client.
- Arrange international and domestic travel under guidance from the client in accordance with firm policy.
- Coordinate and arrange logistics for external functions including meetings, conferences, entertainment, receptions and dinner arrangements with minimal direction from the client.
- Prepare official agenda for meetings.
- Compile materials for training and meetings with minimal direction and instruction from client.
Filling and Document Management
- Develop and maintain effective filing system for the management of client needs and requirements, including classified and confidential files.
- Maintain contact details for client (business contacts, etc.).
- Process records for destruction or disposition with supervision.
- Maintain and update electronic files in eDRMS, eRooms and SharePoint sites as requested.
- College Degree preferred, high school diploma required at minimum.
- 6-10 years’ work experience as an administrative assistant supporting executives
- Background in professional services firm supporting tax function, is a plus
- Professional demeanor
- Organized, detail-oriented, competent follow through skills
- Excellent computer skills – MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Excellent communication skills – spelling, grammar and proofreading
- Exceptional interpersonal skills – positive/friendly demeanor, attentive listener
- Superior organization skills – ability to come up with processes and follow up
- Ability to exercise good judgment/decision making when necessary
- Ability to anticipate problems and act accordingly
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task – great time management
- Ability to take initiative – assertive and confident.
- Must have flexibility to work overtime as required
Requisition code: E17NYCSASCJT017-CL3
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top