Senior Accountant, Benefit Plans – Payroll Control & Solutions Group
Deloitte Services LP includes internal support areas such as Marketing and Communications, Human Resources/Talent, Information Technology, Facilities Management, and Financial Support Services.
Job Title: Senior Accountant, Benefit Plans – Payroll Control & Solutions Group
Location: Hermitage, TN
Career Level: 4 – Senior Accountant
The Payroll Control & Solutions Team (PCS) is a part of the Payroll and Personnel Solutions (PPS) organization. The PCS team is responsible for multiple processes and procedures including the payment of expense reimbursements, data mining, benefit plans financial support, internal control, payroll activities related to acquisitions and divestitures, and much more.
- Subject matter expert in one or more process(es) which may include the following:
- employee expense reimbursements
- benefit plans financial support
- payroll controls including PTO (paid time off) controls and processing,
- payroll support for acquisitions and divestitures
- continuous process improvements
- Primary point of contact for employee pension and savings plan inquiries
- Manage and implement changes to processes as needed based on policy, procedure or technology changes
- Suggest improvements to current processes to improve efficiency
- Prepares and coordinates the project plan for the firm’s benefit plan audit (Profit Sharing Plans, Pension Plans, 401(k) and other benefit plans).
- Works closely with 401(k) plan administrator to ensure that the plans maintain regulatory compliance.
- Calculates for firm’s contribution to employee retirement (i.e. 401k match and retirement plan contribution)
- Assures compliance with provisions of Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA).
- Prepares reports and filings required by federal and state agencies such as the Internal Revenue Service, Department of Labor, insurance commissioners and other regulatory agencies.
- Works collaboratively with other groups within the organization such as the National Benefits Group, Technology, Payroll Taxes, Global Employment Services, Payroll Processing, India support teams, CallCenter and external vendors. For example point of contact for Vanguard, to assure seamless changes and delivery of new or revised programs.
- Queries SAP and Vanguard systems to provide complete and accurate data reporting to management. Calculates complex detailed reports.
- Suggests system and procedural design changes or administrative process improvements based on experiences with the Deloitte U.S. Entities’ plans, employees and knowledge of best-practices.
- Reconciles the general ledger accounts for the plans in a timely manner, creating journal entries to clear reconciling items and alerting management of any problems.
- Prepares documentation of process and plan changes, and assists with the review and testing of related materials and systems.
- Ensures that all critical plan tasks are completed and when necessary and requests additional resources as needed through management.
- Internal problem solving for non-routine issues and follow up with leadership as needed.
- Anticipates needs of the client and actively prepares all necessary data for presentation.
- Seeks additional data when needed to complete complex reports.
- Other projects as assigned.
- Four year college degree preferred; 2 year college degree in Accounting or equivalent experience required.
- Effective problem solving, interpretive, and analytical skills are required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- Self-starter, ability to work without direct supervision, and capable of prioritizing tasks.
- Ability to utilize good business judgment in dealing with confidential and sensitive information involving leadership and employees.
- Effective in forming influential relationships with internal customers, stakeholders, and external vendors.
- Ability to meet strict accounting and payroll deadlines with accuracy.
- Benefit Plans or Accounting experience preferred.
- Knowledge of SAP systems preferred.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Access and Excel preferred.
Requisition code: E17HERSASCAH038-CL4
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top