Senior 1, Senior Software Engineer 1, iLab
Deloitte Consulting LLP seeks a Senior 1, Senior Software Engineer 1, iLab in Atlanta, GA.
Work You’ll Do
Apply software design theories and principles in researching, designing and developing iLab products, tools and processes to allow users to visualize granular data and quickly make decisions by comparing competitor products in the market. Serve as Tableau developer and server administrator responsible for creating visuals, and building dashboards, customizations to meet end-user needs, updating queries as needed to improve performance, maintaining access levels for new users, applying architectural changes and server maintenance . Drive insight by designing visualizations with logical and meaningful data flow. Develop highly customized Pricing, Profitability and Promotions modules on client dashboard for products snapshot, including alerts of revenue, profit, spending rate, gross margin and ROI, and comparison with prior performance by events and/or promotions during promotion and non-promotion periods. Perform project management activities and lead all phases of SDLC using Agile for cloud-based software and advanced analytics products in a distributed environment, using Jama and Jira tools for user stories and defects. Develop and design reusable Tableau analytics visualizations to use across all industries using advanced automation process and scripting. Responsible for design and development of Tableau visualization solutions by measuring impact of functional activities and defining KPIs using complex calculations on Tableau, Microstrategy, and Qlikview. Oversee the team in building ETL process by creating complex queries and calculations and loading data into SQL server. Lead the creation of new schemas, database tables, and joining tables on SQL Server in Tableau Desktop. Use custom SQL for complex data pulls and provide color coded filter and parameter options to understand granular data in the context of visual charts including KPIs and metrics. Publish reports on Tableau server to integrate with UI using API. Lead the performance of Tableau Server administration and support tasks across a multi-environment Tableau infrastructure including security administration, release management, troubleshooting, and systems maintenance. As senior developer, provide overview of Tableau architecture and product features along with their limitations to product development managers. Provide training to new developers. Provide overall design methods for new products and provide support and troubleshooting as needed. Work with Application Development team to translate business needs into logical and physical data models, implement data strategies, build data flows, and develop conceptual data models using best practices to ensure high data quality and reduced redundancy. Guide the team in integrating Tableau Dashboards on web using Java script, HTML, and REST API. Provide technical guidance and best practices for developers. Provide functional and technical development support for product development and solution delivery projects. Prioritize business requirements, product features, user experience, performance, and delivery schedules. Improve and scale existing services, and transition legacy offerings. Ensure compliance with software quality assurance standards.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering (any), MIS, CIS or a related field.
- Five years of experience performing Tableau development on behalf of a global consulting company.
- Must have five years of experience with:
- Designing and developing Tableau visualization solutions by measuring impact of functional activities and defining KPIs using complex calculations on Tableau and Qlikview;
- Creating new schemas, database tables, and joining tables on SQL Server in Tableau Desktop;
- Integrating Tableau Dashboards on web using Java script, HTML, and REST API;
- Performing Tableau Server administration and support across a multi-environment Tableau infrastructure including security administration, release management, troubleshooting, and systems maintenance;
- Translating business needs into logical and physical data models, implementing data strategies, building data flows, and developing conceptual data models using best practices to ensure high data quality and reduced redundancy;
- Building ETL process by creating complex queries and calculations and loading data into SQL server; and
- Executing all phases of SDLC using Agile for cloud-based software and advanced analytics products in a distributed environment, using Jama and Jira tools for user stories and defects.
- In the alternative, the employer will accept a Master’s degree in a stated field plus three years of experience.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you’re applying to. We also suggest that you brush up on your behavioral and case interviewing skills and practice discussing your experience and job history with a family member, friend, or mentor. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: XTSI17FC1216ATL2
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top