Security Engineer – Security Operations Center
Deloitte Services LP includes internal support areas such as Marketing and Communications, Human Resources/Talent, Information Technology, Facilities Management, and Financial Support Services.
Security Engineer – Security Operations Center (2 positions) Location – Hermitage/Nashville, TN
Role and Responsibilities
The SOC Sec Engineer position supports the Security Operations Center (SOC) as an advanced escalation point identifying and addressing potential architectural/engineering security concerns. The SOC Sec Engineer is also responsible for supporting architecture changes, tool deployments and advanced content development.
Security and SIEM Engineering
- Design and deploy architectural changes to SIEM (Splunk and ArcSight) and other tools in the Security Operations Center. Develop content and workflows as required.
Documentation and Reporting
- Report changes, trends and implications regarding design and integration of evolving systems and instrumentation
- Actively seek to improve and develop new content based upon observed and measured SOC activity. Interact daily with the SOC analyst team to better understand content needs for tuning and development.
- Follow detailed operational processes and procedures to analyze, escalate, and support the remediation of critical information security incidents
- Manage incidents up to the preliminary forensics processes
- Less than 50%
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Business Administration, or relevant educational or professional experience.
- 4+ years of information security related experience, in areas such as: security operations, incident analysis, incident handling, and vulnerability management or testing, log analysis, intrusion detection
- 2+ years of being a Level 2 Engineer
- In depth experienced with the following technologies: leading SIEM technologies such as Splunk and ArcSight, IDS/IPS, network- and host- based firewalls, data leakage protection (DLP), DAM (Database activity monitoring), and IR Tracking tools such as IBM Resilient, Archer, Service Now, or Swimlane.
- Direct experience with anti-virus software, intrusion detection, firewalls and content filtering.
- Knowledge of risk assessment tools, technologies and methods.
- Experience designing secure networks, systems and application architectures
- Knowledge of disaster recovery, computer forensic tools, technologies and methods
- Experience planning, researching and developing security policies, standards and procedures
- Professional experience in a system administration role supporting multiple platforms and applications
- Ability to communicate network security issues to peers and management
- Ability to read and use the results of mobile code, malicious code, and anti-virus software.
- In depth hands-on experience with at least two of the following technologies: Unix administration, Windows Server administration , Active Directory, Windows Workstation, Routers /Switches management, Firewall Management, SANS/NAS, Web servers, IAM/AAA, IDS/HDS, System vulnerability scanning tools, application/database vulnerability scanning tools, mobile device analysis or Secure coding.
- In depth understanding of possible attack activities such as network probing/ scanning, DDOS, malicious code activity and possible abnormal activities, such as worms, Trojans, viruses, etc.
- Proven SOC process knowledge
- Advanced knowledge in system security architecture and security solutions
- Advanced knowledge in scripting. Python and PowerShell required.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Self-motivated to improve knowledge and skills
- Detail oriented
- A strong desire to understand the what as well as the why and the how of security incidents
- Works well both in a team environment and independently
- A desire to lead a team and assist and mentor others
Requisition code: E18NATSASCNM010-ITL4
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top