Sector Knowledge Management Leader-Health Care
Deloitte leads with purpose, solving complex issues for our clients and communities. Across disciplines and across borders, Deloitte Global supports our network of member firms by developing and driving global strategy, programs, and platforms, and creating new solutions and transformational experiences. Our people share a passion for igniting change and a strong service orientation that shapes our organization and those it supports.
Knowledge Services enables Deloitte practitioners to easily leverage the full breadth, depth, and quality of Deloitte capabilities in service to their clients. Knowledge Services professionals focus on a range of services including: managing intellectual property, curating project experiences and insights, capturing and connecting expertise, sustaining networks within and across teams, and enabling the leverage of third-party content.
Deloitte Knowledge Services is currently seeking a Sector Knowledge Leader (SKL) to provide knowledge management services for the Life Sciences & Health Care practice. This Senior Manager position, will focus on the Health Care Sector, and partners closely with National/Global sector leaders (NSL/GSL), businesses/service lines, lead client service partners (LCSP), client relationship executives (CRE), client account managers (CAM) of accounts that are of strategic importance to Deloitte, to create and lead the development and execution of knowledge management priorities in support of growing top line revenue.
The Health Care Knowledge Leader will perform a wide variety of activities from advanced analytical tasks to curation of highest-value internal and external knowledge to address client issues to facilitating knowledge exchanges for the efficient sharing of sector and client account team-driven insights and innovations. The SKL will lead the development and execution of a knowledge plan to support sector and client account team priorities, provide insights on key sector and client issues, facilitate knowledge sharing meetings, co-ordinate the delivery and operations of knowledge management tools and infrastructure, assist sectors and client account teams in pursuing and closing opportunities, and help optimize use of Deloitte’s internal capabilities for revenue growth. Additionally, this role works closely with knowledge management leadership to support broader projects across Knowledge Services, Clients & Industries and Deloitte.
Role Specific Responsibilities:
Knowledge Management Sector Strategy, Planning and Operations: Develop and Execute
- Provide strategic input to Health Care sector and account planning processes; recommend specific knowledge strategy and tactics to support priorities and achievement of strategic objectives
- Own, manage stakeholder relationships necessary to drive value and impact of knowledge
- Maintain strong awareness of Health Care developments and trends, balanced with business priorities, to deliver meaningful insights
- Serve as a subject matter specialist in the Health Care, knowledge management and practice tools, methods, content and capabilities. Know the practice, business units, and services — connecting people-to-people and people-to-content and influencing behaviors around knowledge sharing and tools within and outside of area of responsibility
- Support overall execution and/or oversight of knowledge management programs and initiatives. Specifically drive processes related to:
- Providing deep, tailored ‘outside-in’ trends/insights on key Health Care client/sector issues, leveraging internal/external research tools, and external sector/industry events
- Accessing insights and key practice information through development and maintenance of intranet portal or though content search
- Developing curated content collections of internal/external knowledge around key client issues, frequently requested or strategic content areas, working with Nerve Centers (or similar) to identify gaps/needs
- Managing people data in support of business communication, expertise finding and knowledge sharing activities
- Driving adoption of communities, social media, and collaboration platforms to support customer’s strategic objectives
- Creating and facilitating live knowledge sharing forums/exchanges to develop networks and identify best practices, insights and innovations
- Ensuring all knowledge created/curated is contributed to internal repositories and shared across the sector; build awareness and adoption of knowledge programs and tools among practitioners
- Assisting Health Care and client account teams in optimizing the use knowledge management processes, tools and infrastructure
- Represent industry/sector stakeholders and communities in broader initiatives or discussions, ensuring the operational area’s knowledge management needs are well-represented
Value Delivery: Enable Impact Measurement/Continuous Improvement
- Support KM Leadership to establish relevant impact measurement and value delivery techniques and metrics for KM services
- Lead/support cross-industry initiatives and continuous improvement programs working closely with KM Leadership
Network: Build Relationships/Coordinate with Adjacent Organizations
- Build internal and external network for effective working relationships with Industry/Sector/Client teams to address content requests and build source network for content
- Collaborate with other business unit programs/stakeholders, e.g. solutions, learning, insights, Nerve Centers, Global Knowledge Services, communities of practice
- Establish and actively maintain relationships and practical interactions across stakeholder groups such as industry operating team, Sector Specialists, Nerve Center teams and other internal clients on strategic initiatives requiring knowledge and content management support
- Coach and/or manage the work of the team members, including Solution Strategists and Knowledge Management analysts located in India, to complete projects
- Work with multiple support teams and product teams in combined effort to deliver solutions
- Work with diverse, distributed teams to achieve business results
Knowledge Sharing / Documentation
- Develops process for and contributes to maintenance of critical project documentation for all projects and processes
- Create presentations, reports and/or documentation to support the global knowledge initiatives, their creation, implementation, maintenance or improvement
- Participate actively with points of view, ideas, opinions and other input in meetings, discussion databases, and other forums
- Monitors metrics for areas of improvement; recommends best methods to define, track and measure success
- Manage Health Care sector taxonomy values and update process with Taxonomy team.
- Implement processes, standards, and guidelines related to Knowledge Management across Industry/Sector content/network services, working closely with Knowledge Management teams based in India.
- Enable effective end-to-end content management capabilities in support of easy access and content re-use using online platforms
- Ensure that a consistent set of Deloitte Knowledge products and services is executed effectively and with impact in the sector
Education: Bachelor’s degree required, MBA preferred
Years of Experience: Candidate must have 5-7 years of experience in Health Care Sector
- Experience with electronic knowledge, repository management, intranets/portals, collaborative and social media tools, SharePoint experience a plus
- Ideal candidate will be an experienced, creative, independent thinker who has excellent research, analytical, collaborative and strategic skills; critical thinking and proactive problem solving abilities, coupled with extremely strong verbal and written communication and relationship building skills
- Candidate will have proven project management experience with ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects, cross-functional stakeholders and remote teams
- In-depth understanding of the assigned industry; strong subject matter expertise in industry/sector trends, external market developments, and applied business needs
- Prior experience in management consulting; experience working with account teams in a matrixed environment within an account team framework (i.e. working effectively with Lead Client Service Partners, Service Line/Industry leaders, practitioners and other business development professionals);
- Candidate should also be adaptive and flexible as conditions change and have experience working as a change agent to influence others
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and interact with all levels of management; self-starter
- Exceptional relationship building/relationship management skills to establish rapport, trust and confidence with account teams. Team player
- Detail oriented, ability to adapt to changing environment
- Energetic, enthusiastic and organized
Requisition code: DE17CHIGOP006TG35
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top