Sales Force Effectiveness Senior Consultant
Are you passionate about helping clients transform their sales organizations by holistically aligning their strategies, programs, processes and infrastructure with their business strategies and objectives? Our team assists clients to boost sales productivity, create a more capable sales force, improve conversion rates and sales cycle, and enhance sales team efficiency.
Would you like to work for an organization committed to your professional development and personal success? Deloitte offers an award-winning culture that supports our employees’ development of their personal brand through learning opportunities, professional experiences, inclusion, collaboration and personal well-being.
Our Sales Force Effectiveness professionals work closely with clients around the world to maximize the return from their sales compensation, sales enablement, and sales operations infrastructure investments by providing best-in-class services for planning, implementing and supporting incentive compensation and sales operations management processes and tools. In addition to SPM system implementation services, we offer end-to-end solutions including process analysis and design, requirements planning, business case development, analytics support and administration support. Learn more about our Sales Force Effectiveness practice.
Work you’ll do
Sales Force Effectiveness is a growing area within Deloitte Consulting’s global Human Capital practice. Our Sales Force Effectiveness practice helps clients with an effective combination of strategy, people, processes, organization, rewards, to maximize their Sales Force Effectiveness.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Senior Consultants for Deloitte Consulting’s Sales Force Effectiveness group will possess a deep understanding of business fundamentals, corporate strategy and organizational issues, and are expected to provide immediate contributions to our practice within a team setting.
- Senior Consultants will be comfortable working in a client-oriented, professional services environment to develop practical and creative solutions to complex business and people-related issues.
- In addition to applying these skills in traditional settings, our Senior Consultants provide advisory services related to these issues in mergers and acquisitions, governance and risk management, enterprise cost reduction efforts, and other transformational business initiatives.
- Senior Consultants are also expected to contribute to the internal development of our practice through participation in areas such as business development, training, methodology and toolkit development, and recruiting.
A part of Deloitte Consulting LLP, our Human Capital professionals work closely with clients around the world to develop effective and efficient people-centered solutions. Our team helps clients define their talent strategy and align it with their executive business vision using innovative strategic frameworks that enhance HR service delivery models, set the stage for continuously improving operational excellence, and reimagines the HR brand. Learn more about our Human Capital practice.
Strategic shifts such as new products and services, market expansion, evolving growth strategies, innovative technology, new leadership, or mergers and acquisitions, all impact a company’s most important asset, their people. With these shifts, the need to align corporate culture, structure and talent with business strategy becomes more urgent. Deloitte’s OT&T practice helps our clients with the critical changes required for success, offering business-oriented and data-driven solutions to drive transformation agendas and achieve high impact, sustainable business results. Learn more about our Organization Transformation & Talent practice.
- Minimum four (4) years of practical experience in corporate operations, management and/or human resources-related fields experience
- Broad-based and business-oriented understanding of sales issues, specifically incentive compensation design/development and sales performance management
- Bachelors’ degree
- Willingness to travel 80%-100% of the time (Monday – Thursday/Friday)
- Bachelors’ degree in Business or Psychology
- Previous experience in a consulting environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills (MS Visio, MS PowerPoint, MS Word, MS Excel)
- Familiarity with the design, development and implementation of the following: Incentive Compensation Design/Development; Sales Performance Management; Sales Organizational Development, Management and Rewards; Sales Business Processes; Sales Technology and Infrastructure
- Ability to understand and communicate the linkages between the different topics within Sales Force Effectiveness
- Knowledge of current trends in Sales Force
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Team player who enjoys working with multiple teams
- Experience with tier one compensation software products such as Callidus True Comp, Xactly, Oracle Incentive Compensation (OIC) module, Varicent, Merced and Anaplan
How you’ll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you’re applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: E17NATCSRCTH018-HC
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top