Sales Executive - Growth Enterprise Services - Houston
Are you a top-performing client relationship and solution sales executive looking for your next career move? If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, relevant professional services experience and demonstrate selling attributes, strategies, and techniques you may be interested in an opportunity with our Growth Enterprise Services Sales team.
Deloitte's Growth Enterprise Services' professionals are focused on delivering a distinctive client experience through service offerings tailored to address the unique needs of private equity or family owned companies ranging from start-ups to those with up to $1 billion in revenues.
The Sales Center of Excellence (COE) supports Deloitte's businesses in uncovering, nurturing, and closing sales opportunities. Working hand-in-hand with Partners, Principals and Managing Directors, these sales executives focus their highly skilled efforts in securing relationships with qualified targets and decision makers to uncover opportunities, develop effective sales strategies, manage the pursuit process and act as a key advisor to the pursuit team throughout the sales process.
Work you'll do:
The DGES Sales Executive (SE) is responsible for selling all firm services - audit, advisory, tax and consulting - to new prospective DGES clients and, in select situations, existing clients. As a Sales Executive you will:
- Build relationships with targeted companies and key executives to understand needs, map those needs to firm capabilities, and close sales
- Drive targeting efforts
- Develop and implement specific sales strategies to drive awareness, lead generation, and opportunity identification
- Assist market-facing practitioners with qualifying and winning opportunities
- Work with local Managing Partners to develop and execute a "go-to market" strategy
- Create strategic and tactical plans to uncover and close opportunities across our multiple offerings
- Influence decision makers at the highest levels within any assigned account
- Demonstrate superior knowledge and execution of the sales process and consistently applying the sales process in pursuits
- Educate and/or lead others in effecting selling
- Coordinate with marketing professionals to develop and execute effective campaigns and events
- Organize and support various centers of influence and complimentary service providers
- Demonstrate strong personal sales management discipline
- Demand management, i.e., working with the practitioners to determine the details and approach
- Foster relationships, develop consensus, and team with other elements of the Firm to appropriately target, pursue and close engagements
- 10-15 years experience managing complex clients, while selling consulting, audit and/or tax services, characterized by long sales cycles and significant dollar transactions
- Experience as a Tax or Audit SE at a reputable firm or scalable experience from consulting
- Strong sales management knowledge and/or experience
- Proven consistent track record of delivering $3 million+ revenue per annum
- Existing and/or evolving in-depth understanding of the functions they represent, the marketplace for Audit, Tax, Advisory and Consulting services, clients' businesses and competitors
- Ability to develop and secure relationships with buyers, decision makers, influencers and other referral sources across a variety of industries
- Experience in relationship building that increases account penetration and leads to increased revenue opportunities with existing clients
- Ability to develop and utilize pre-existing network of clients or contacts in the marketplace
- Lead or support practice sales management activities
- Experience managing internal sales activities to ensure consistent approach to marketplace across geographies and industry groups
- Experienced with a complex pursuit process, proposal development and oral presentations that win new business
- Adept at making presentations
- Ability to work in a multi-layered matrix organization serving many leaders
- Undergraduate degree
- Advanced degree(s) preferred
- Success in working closely with service line leaders, partners, practitioners and other SEs to develop strategies and tactics that drive targeting programs and win business
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: E18HOUSSMGRBW020-CL6
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top