Sales Executive - Emerging Growth Company
Deloitte Services LP is looking for atop-performing client relationship Sales Executive to join our Emerging Growth Company Practice and pursueon-strategy venture capital and private equity backed portfolio companies acrossall industries -Technology, Media, Telecom, Life Sciences, Health Tech, ConsumerBusiness and Financial Services- focusing on Audit services.
As we look to accelerate our growth, Deloitte'sbusiness development model has become increasingly important. We are focused ondelivering a distinct client experience through service offerings tailored toaddress the unique needs of portfolio companies at various stages ofdevelopment. With this in mind, Deloitte Services LP leadership is looking toexpand its Audit Sales Executive team. This position is based in San Francisco,California.
The Sales Center of Excellence (COE) supportsDeloitte's businesses in uncovering, nurturing, and closing salesopportunities. Working hand-in-hand with Partners, Principals and ManagingDirectors, our sales executives focus their highly skilled efforts in establishingrelationships with qualified targets and decision makers to uncoveropportunities, develop effective sales strategies, manage the pursuitprocess and act as a key advisor to the pursuit team throughout the salesprocess.
Work you'll do:
Our practicesupports emerging growth companies as they grow, disrupt the market, create newverticals, and develop into the next generation of industry leaders.
- Create awareness, build relationships with key executives,and develop/pursue leads
- Assist engagement teams with qualifying, selling, and winningopportunities
- Build personal eminence while contributing to Deloitte's
- Create strategic and tactical plans to uncover and close newAudit (and Tax) opportunities
- Responsible for infiltrating and influencing decision-makersat the highest levels within the account
- Responsible for demand management, i.e., working withengagement teams to determine the sales details and approach
- Foster an environment conducive to teaming, relationshipdevelopment, and consensus building
- Lead andinfluence others by sharing relevant industry knowledge and demonstratingproven selling attributes/techniques
- The ideal SE will have 10+ years of business development experiencewith technology based start-ups and an understanding of the venture capitalindustry, preferably having worked in a professional services organization.
- Significant business relationships with senior clientexecutives and venture capitalists in San Francisco (Bay Area)
- Solid executive presence with high integrity - honorscommitments
- Ability to work as a team player and share knowledge withbroader team members
- Strong presentation skills and ability to execute strategicand tactical plans to close business
- An ability to influence decision-makers at the highest levelsin client organizations
- Solid sales call skills with proper preparation disciplines.This includes the ability to determine and communicate a clear meeting purpose,question to identify needs, frame solutions in the context of value to theclient, gain agreement to potential solution fit, and gain closure on nextsteps.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and interactwith all levels within the organization
- Undergraduate degree
- Advanced degree(s) preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills including rapport building,listening, social versatility, courtesy and concern
- Advanced levels of business acumen including the businessenvironment, market forces, the client's products, markets, customers andcompetitors
- Ability to identify the most influential people in each salesopportunity and understand the subjective or informal factors that could affectthe client's buying process
- Develops winning sales strategies, taking into considerationkey client factors, such as compelling event(s), critical success factors,stated and non-stated requirements, and the decision making landscape
Requisition code: E18SFRSSMGRBW010-CL6
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top