Risk Independence & Legal (RIL) - Compliance Officer – Senior Consultant
Deloitte is the largest private professional services network in the world. Every day, approximately 220,000 professionals in more than 150 countries demonstrate their commitment to a single vision: to be the standard of excellence, while working towards one purpose – to make an impact that matters.
In South Africa, Deloitte is one of the leading professional services organisations, specialising in providing Audit, Tax, Consulting, Risk Advisory and Corporate Finance services. We serve clients in a variety of industries from financial services, to consumer business, energy, mining and manufacturing, tourism and the public sector, and we provide powerful business solutions to some of the world's most well-known and respected companies, including more than 80 percent of the Fortune 100.
Our professionals are unified by a collaborative culture that fosters integrity, outstanding value to markets and clients, commitment to each other, and strength from cultural diversity. They are dedicated to strengthening corporate responsibility, building public trust, and making a positive impact in their communities. We understand that our professionals hold interests outside of the work space and we aim to encourage work/life balance, supporting them in all aspects of their lives.
Our talented professionals and our clients understand the link between a strong learning and development programme and the ability for Deloitte to deliver on its promise of consistent, high-quality service delivery worldwide.
Whatever your age, gender or culture, take your career to the next level with the talents and capabilities you'll develop at Deloitte.
About the Division
It takes a high-powered network of internal support professionals to keep Deloitte going strong.
The internal services function provides a wide variety of support services to our organisation and people.
Rewarding career opportunities are available in:
- Human resources
- Information technology
- Marketing and Communications
- Financial support services, and much more.
As with all the functions in Deloitte, a core set of competencies is associated with each internal service area. An overall understanding of value-added client service, the experience to work in multifunctional and cross-border teams, strong business acumen, and the instinct to think and act globally are essential for advancement within Internal Client Services.
We are committed to establishing and empowering the firm by establishing an environment of continuous learning and enriching career opportunities.
About the Job
Under minimum supervision, to implement a Compliance and Monitoring Programme for the firm
- Strategic Impact
- Supports leadership in the delivery of services to clients in line with the defined strategic objectives:
→ Provides support to management in the implementation of change initiatives
→ Works with team to complete work by set deadlines advising manager of any issues prior to deadlines
- Develops relationships with peer group at client to understand their business
- Raises effective solutions to address issues in area of expertise that may enhance / renew service offerings to client
- External / Internal Client Impact
- Independently delivers quality work within area of expertise, within deadlines
- Provides client/s with sound professional advice and support on issues arising within area of expertise without reference to superior
- Applies solutions to technical issues that arise within area of expertise, with minimal input from management
- Proactively researches latest thought leadership within area of expertise and share with team as input to improved delivery to clients
- Communicates regularly with both line manager and client to meet deliverable expectations in specific area of expertise
- Operational Effectiveness
- Proactively identifies technical problems that arise that may affect delivery and propose resolutions to address these
- Independently delivers on designated tasks within area of expertise
- Provides line manager with detailed reporting on status of deliverables on a regular basis
- Manages risk in area of engagement in alignment with Deloitte policies and processes
- Reviews own work prior to submission to ensure quality and provide guidance to junior team members on quality standards
- Development / Growth of Team (as applicable to role)
- Shares expertise and knowledge with team members
- Actively works to address development areas identified
- Coaches / mentors junior team members of the team
- May act as counsellor to junior staff within the Service Line
- Budgets / Profitability (as applicable to role)
- Effective use of time, equipment and resources
Differentiators for this specific role
Assist Compliance Officer to:
- Develop, initiate, maintain and revise procedures for the general operation of the Compliance Program and its related activities
- Reviews and updates the Compliance Program to ensure currency and relevance
- Collaborates with other business areas to direct compliance issues to appropriate existing channels for investigation and resolution
- Acts as an independent review and evaluation body to ensure that compliance issues/concerns within the firm are being appropriately evaluated, investigated and resolved
- Monitors and coordinates compliance activities
- Identifies potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk
- Technical expert in specific functional area
- Demonstrated capability in interaction at all levels, briefing, analysis and project management skills
- Experience in drafting and delivering presentations
- Good report writing skills
- Sound financial knowledge and understanding
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Good interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Mentorship and coaching ability with desire to develop self and others
- Strong client delivery focus
- Adaptable, managing change and ambiguity with ease
- Focus on quality and risk
- Problem solving ability
- Good business acumen
Requisition code: ZA133866VD
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top