Risk Analysis Consultant
Are you interested in building your career in an evolving and exciting business environment? Consider a career within our Strategy and Operations Consulting practice, and work side by side with our Federal clients to identify key business issues and drive meaningful change. Join us, and play a key role in helping to design our clients' roadmap to the future!
Work you'll do
As a Project Delivery Specialist in the Strategy & Operations group you will:
- Support Implementation and Operations Management best practices while taking ownership of tasks and/or project workstreams and guiding more junior professionals
- Support and/or lead workstreams on engagements related but not limited to Financial Operations, Supply Chain. and Project and Acquisition Management
- Contribute to deliverables and review the work of others for quality and accuracy
- Demonstrate an understanding of the client environment and overall project scope
Transparency, innovation, collaboration, sustainability: these are the hallmark issues shaping Federal government initiatives today. Deloitte's Federal practice is passionate about making an impact with lasting change. Carrying out missions in the Federal practice requires fresh thinking and a creative approach. We collaborate with teams from across our organization in order to bring the full breadth of Deloitte, its commercial and public sector expertise, to best support our clients. Our aspiration is to be the premier integrated solutions provider in helping to transform the Federal marketplace.
- Typically has 5 or more years of consulting and/or industry experience
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to manage small engagements or work streams and multiple team members with confidence
- Professional oral and written communication skills
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with experience exercising mature judgement
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Ability to obtain and maintain the required clearance for this role
- 4+ years supporting implementations in Federal or Commercial organizations, with a proven track record of building of risk management organizations ; experience supporting risk assessments, developing templates and supporting efforts to gain organizational buy-in on risk appetite statements, supporting the development of organization-level risk management strategies, and developing analytic tools to inform senior leader decision-making
- Minimum 3+ years developing and delivering client trainings geared towards building organizational buy-in for risk management, and teaching tools and techniques for identifying, assessing and managing risk
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Access, with demonstrated expertise use of business analytic tools, visualizations, dashboards, and ad-hoc data management solutions on these platforms
- Proficient with Microsoft Project
- Strong leadership qualities and organizational skills as well as the ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities, assignments, and roles
- Demonstrated ability to succeed in a complex organization where the ability to discover and internalize diverse stakeholder goals is critical to brokering solutions that are in the best interest of the organization as a whole
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills; in particular, demonstrated ability to effectively communicate technical and business issues and solutions to multiple organizational levels internally and externally
- Solid analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently, yet seamlessly integrate activities with other teams when needed
- Prior professional services or federal consulting experience
- Bachelor's Degree
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: E18RESCSRCKD30362
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top